Request for Expression of Interest (REoI)
Memo No.:/WCS/C-15/4772 ; Date: 12-07-2021
Consultancy services for development of hydrological services products such as sediment prediction & river bank erosion, hyd. drought prediction, salinity intrusion forecast, ground water outlook and forecast, surface water supply outlook etc. and upgrade of existing website to display real time data, products & warnings.
1. The People’s Republic of Bangladesh has received an IDA credit No.5837-BD in the amount of US$ 113.00 million towards the cost of the Bangladesh Weather and Climate Services Regional Project (BWCSRP). Strengthening Hydrological Information Services and Early Warning Systems (SHEWS), a component (Component-B) of the project is implemented by the Bangladesh Water Development Board (BWDB) under the Ministry of Water Resources (MoWR) and it intends to apply part of the proceeds to payments for the provision of consulting services on development of hydrological services products such as sediment prediction & river bank erosion, hydrological drought prediction, salinity intrusion forecast, ground water outlook and forecast, surface water supply outlook etc. and upgrade of existing website to display real time data, products & warnings by hiring a consulting firm.
2. The overall objective of this assignment is to strengthen the capacity of BWDB to effectively plan for and respond to significant hydro-meteorological hazards/extreme events and climate change affecting north eastern districts of Bangladesh.
3. The services include:
|–||Development of Sediment Prediction Model and River bank erosion prediction model;|
|–||Development of Salinity intrusion prediction model;|
|–||Development of Drought prediction model and weekly outlook;|
|–||Ground water assessment modelling and monthly ground water outlook;|
|–||Surface Water Supply Outlook;|
|–||Enhancement of BWDB hydrological services and product generation;|
|–||Upgrade of existing website to display real time data, products & warnings.|
4. The firm is expected to have at least 10 (ten) years of Surface Water and Ground Water Resources Management Sector similar to the tasks engaged by Government Organizations. The Consultant is expected to have demonstrated experience in completion of at least three projects within last five years in similar geographic conditions.
5. Interested firms are invited to provide information indicating that they are sufficiently qualified to perform the services as per Terms of Reference (brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar operating conditions, availability of appropriate and qualified professionals and staffs etc. The Expression of Interests would be reviewed on the basis of the followings:
|a)||Brochures submitted by the Applicants summarizing their facilities and areas of expertise;|
|b)||Descriptions of similar assignments;|
|c)||Experience in similar operating environments and conditions;|
|d)||Availability of appropriate experience and professional qualifications among Applicant’s staff and adequate resources to carry out the assignment; &|
|e)||Managerial strength and financial capacity.|
6. A firm will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits and Grants by World Bank Borrowers, dated January 2011 (revised July 2014) following Selection under a Fixed Budget (FBS) method.
7. Interested firms are highly encouraged to obtain (i) Format for EoI Submission & (ii) further information (i.e., detailed ToR) at the address below from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (except holidays). The Expressions of Interest must be submitted to the address below by August 11, 2021 before/at 3.30 pm, in a sealed envelope clearly marked“Consultancy services for development of hydrological services products and upgrade of existing website to display real time data, products & warnings.”.
8. Incomplete or partial EoIs will be rejected. The Authority reserves the right to accept or reject any or all the EoIs without assigning any reason thereof.
9. The procuring entity reserves the right to accept or reject all EOIs.
Bangladesh Weather and Climate Services Regional Project Component-B: Strengthening Hydrological Information Services & Early Warning Systems
Office of the Chief Engineer, Hydrology (3rd floor)
72, Green Road, BWDB, Dhaka-1215.
E-mail: [email protected]