Just imagine your future with us…
At Aurecon we see the future through a very different lens. Do you?
Innovation, eminence and digital are at the heart of everything we do. Are you excited about the future?
Are you driven by the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and complex projects around the world and to learn from the best? We are.
Diversity is at the core of everything we do. We work together to create a culture based on respect, trust and inclusiveness. Our differences are what fuel our creativity.
We embrace flexible working and are always open to discussing your individual needs so that you get to create your own experience with us.
What will you do?
Aurecon aspires to be a trusted partner to our preferred clients, helping to solve their most complex challenges. Through our unique approach to partnering, we are enjoying significant success and growth in our water business.
We are looking for a manager to build a team advising on water security planning, including water supply and resilience. You will work with clients to understand their water security needs across all aspects of the water cycle and apply systems thinking to solve problems.
In this position you will join our Environment and Planning Team, where you will play an integral part in a team of highly skilled specialists that ‘bring ideas to life’ for our clients across the built environment, infrastructure and government sectors, with a focus on natural resources. You will play a leadership role in the development of a high performing team delivering exceptional quality and value for clients.
Through a deep understanding of their challenges we work with our clients to co-create innovate solutions that help to shape tomorrow’s world. It’s the technical expertise and the depth of knowledge of our people that really sets us apart. Here are the key things you will do to ‘bring ideas to life’:
- Provide natural resources advisory and consulting services to public and private clients, primarily focussed on the water industry.
- Apply an integrated systems thinking approach to identify water security risks and opportunities to deliver practical plans and strategies.
- Work with clients to define water security and resilience performance standards.
- Advise clients on system performance, water supply, demand management and water conservation, drought management and water resilience.
- Lead a team to solve complex problems while communicating with a range of audiences.
- Maintain and further develop relationships with a wide range of clients and critical internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead and grow a team focussed on the water sector, as part of our broader Water Resources offering.
We know today’s complex challenges can only be solved through bringing together diverse teams of people from across our business, so there will be opportunities for you to apply your skills and creativity to projects in other geographies and markets.
What can you bring to the team?
Firstly, you will share our genuine passion for re-imagining engineering and be someone that actively pursues continuous learning to help shape the future.
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Strong understanding of the water sector and challenges and opportunities facing water utilities.
- Project experience within the water sector, particularly in water supply strategy and planning and bulk water system assessments.
- A demonstrated ability to foster and evolve professional relationships.
- An appreciation of the influences on water security and resilience, e.g. climate change, economics, demand for water.
- Extensive experience within the water sector is essential with specialisations highly valued.
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering, Science or similar.
Our Aurecon Attributes (https://youtu.be/NV8T1hn_ZL0) describe the types of people we bring together for clients. We don’t expect you to have all eight of the attributes, but one that is unique to you.
Finally, we value that each of our team members brings something different to Aurecon. We look for people who have had a broad range of experiences throughout their career and can demonstrate how they have worked as part of a team to bring ideas to life. Does that sound like you?
We’ve re-imagined engineering.
Aurecon is an engineering and infrastructure advisory company, but not as you know it!
For a start, our clients’ ideas drive what we do. Drawing on our deep pool of expertise, we co-create innovative solutions with our clients to some of the world’s most complex challenges. And through a range of unique creative processes and skills, we work to re-imagine, shape and design a better future.
We listen deeply and intently, which helps us see opportunities, possibilities and potential that others can’t.
Think engineering. Think again.
Want to know more?
You can learn more about what it’s like to work at Aurecon by visiting the careers section of our website.
If you are intrigued or excited by what you have read, then we want to hear from you. Apply now!