The Project Manager works under the supervision of the Apostoli Program Coordinator for IOCC-funded projects in the programmatic, financial and compliance management of Apostoli’s WASH (Water, Sanitation & Hygiene) humanitarian project(s) in Greece, including activity planning and implementation, work plan development, supervision and monitoring of project activities.
II. General Responsibilities and Essential Functions
• Lead the overall implementation of the WASH humanitarian aid project in accordance with the approved program goals and budget.
• Oversee the day-to-day project activities on the ground, including approving weekly work plans, supervision and management of the Apostoli staff working on WASH.
• Ensure that project activities operate within the approved budget, and carefully monitor program and project expenditures.
• Ensure that the project is implemented in accordance and in full compliance with Apostoli and donor regulations, policies, procedures, etc.
• Work closely with IOCC and Norwegian Church Aid (NCA) staff in Greece in the implementation of the project.
• Work closely with the appropriate Ministries within the Greek government and refugee site management in order to ensure effective coordination and project implementation and to secure work permits and access to refugee sites.
• Assist in the selection of appropriate suppliers and contractors to promote good procurement practice with due regard to Apostoli and NCA policies and ethical purchasing standards.
• Ensure the preparation and provision of financial and narrative report as needed, tracking all implementation and activities.
• Represent Apostoli in project-related meetings, forums, etc. and with the local authorities, local church, donor, NGOs, and other official representatives as appropriate.
• Conduct frequent visits to project sites for follow-up, monitoring and reporting purposes.
• Attend and represent Apostoli in donor coordination meetings, UN Working Groups and INGO Forum meetings.
• Perform other duties as assigned or required.
A. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA): Project-level leadership, managerial, and supervisory skills; Experience leading a project from planning phases through completion; Experience in managing staff; Appropriate experience in financial management and financial accountability; Full computer literacy; Strong organizational skills; Extensive inter-personal communication and relationship skills; Advanced verbal and written communications skills in English; Valid driving license.
Strong preference will be given to applicants who possess the KSAs above and who also have knowledge of and experience in WASH activities and/or civil engineering.
B. Competencies: Ability to build strong personal and organizational relationships with all internal and external staff, partner organizations and other contacts; ability to work and to communicate effectively with the suppliers and partners to ensure compliance with Apostoli policies and procedures; ability to produce accurate work under tight deadlines; tenacity in observing procedures, regulations, local laws and other requirements in implementing and maintaining Apostoli programs; detail-oriented; good analytical and problem-solving abilities, and demonstrable initiative and creativity.
C. Education: University degree, preferably in civil engineering.
D. Experience: Minimum five years of experience in mid-management/unit-supervision position; work experience with Greek government is preferred.
E. Requirement: Greek resident
F. Certifications: NIA
Interested candidates should submit a detailed CV (in English), and a motivation letter of up to 1 page via email, to:
Mr. Nikolaos Katsiaras, Apostoli HR Manager, [email protected]
Mrs. Chrysanthe Loizos, IOCC Projects Coordinator, [email protected]
The Vacancy Notice number PM0803, and the applicant’s full name must be quoted in the email subject line. The closing date for receipt of applications is Wednesday, 10.08.2016. For any relevant information please contact: 2130-184420.