AECOM’s Burnaby/Victoria offices are currently seeking a Junior Hydrogeologist/ Groundwater Modeller to join our team. We are looking for candidates that are enthusiastic and team-oriented with strong technical capabilities in physical hydrogeology. In this role, you will work with our experienced team of hydrogeologists on projects in the mining, remediation, civil infrastructure, waste management, and water supply sectors across Canada and internationally.
- Work within a team of hydrogeologists, geologists, geochemists, and groundwater modellers on a wide variety of projects.
- Implement hydrogeological investigations including drilling and logging of soil and rock core, soil, rock, groundwater and vapour sampling, borehole instrumentation, monitoring well design and installation, and aquifer testing.
- Interpret and report groundwater flow and aqueous geochemistry data.
- Develop 3D hydrogeological conceptual models using software packages such as Leapfrog, Earth Volumetric Studio, Surfer, and more.
- Develop numerical groundwater flow and contaminant transport models to support environmental impact assessments, water budget analyses, dewatering programs and design of groundwater extraction systems using software packages such as Groundwater Vistas, FEFLOW, and more.
- Support offices in British Columbia, across Canada, and internationally.
At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of what’s possible – the world’s longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development mega project, life-sustaining and disaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, governments, energy and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
- Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies – 2014-2020
- #1 in Transportation and General Building in Engineering-News Record’s 2019 “Top 500 Design Firms” and #1 2019 “Top 200 Environmental Firms”
- VIQTORY 2020 Military Friendly® Gold Employer
- Perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s Corporate Equality Index for 2017-2019
With world class technical expertise, leading edge technology and innovative project delivery capability around the world, AECOM’s global environmental practice helps industry and government meet their business goals – to achieve compliance, reduce or eliminate risks and manage impacts. We provide advisory and technical services to help clients cleanup and close contaminated sites and surplus operational facilities and restore them for reuse, plan and permit new facilities, address critical climate change issues, restore habitats and water quality, protect natural and cultural resources, maintain compliance, and cost effectively manage residuals and wastes.
- B.Sc. in Hydrogeology, Hydrology, Geology or related engineering discipline with an emphasis on quantitative hydrogeology.
- A valid class 5 driver’s license with no restrictions.
- M.Sc. in Hydrogeology, Hydrology, Geology or related engineering discipline with an emphasis on quantitative hydrogeology.
- Ability to work independently and within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Strong problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and strong written and oral communication skills.
- Willingness to complete field investigations, travel, and periodically adjust personal schedules to meet project needs.
- Eligible to register as a Professional Geoscientist or Engineer with EGBC upon meeting work experience requirements.
- Experience with software packages such as gINT, AQTESOLV, ArcGIS, Surfer, Grapher, and PHREEQC.
- Knowledge of geostatistical methods and experience with conceptual modelling software such as Earth Volumetric Studio and Leapfrog.
- Experience with numerical modelling software such as Groundwater Vistas, FEFLOW, MODHMS, GSFLOW, MIKE SHE, and HydroGeoSphere.
- Experience with developing, using, or manipulating programs/scripts in MATLAB, Python and Flopy, FORTRAN, or other.
- Working knowledge of relevant provincial, federal and municipal acts and regulations including BC Environmental Management Act, BC Contaminated Sites Regulation and BC Water Sustainability Act.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Sciences
Business Line Environment
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 252323BR
Additional Locations CA – Victoria, BC – 415 Gorge Rd E
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.