Ukraine nationals: National Project Officer
This is short-term post financed from the Extra Budgetary Enabling transboundary cooperation and integrated water resources management in the Dniester River Basin” project. The initial contract is for 5 months 29 days. The post extension is subject to availability of funds.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
The incumbent will make a substantive contribution to the implementation of the Global Environment Facility (GEF) project Enabling transboundary cooperation and integrated water resources management in the Dniester River Basin implemented by the OCEEA in co-operation with the OSCE Project Co-ordinator in Ukraine and the OSCE Mission to Moldova.
The incumbent will be tasked to:
- Ensure day-to-day operational management of the project in compliance with the project document and OSCE policies and procedures;
- Ensure close co-operation of the project with national authorities and other stakeholders;
- Ensure that national activities are undertaken according to the agreed work plan;
- Support the National Project Officer in organization and follow-up of the Dniester Project Steering Committee meetings;
- Ensure that appropriate accounting records are kept, and relevant financial procedures are followed;
- Provide necessary inputs to narrative and financial reports foreseen in the project in a timely manner;
- Oversee the mobilization of project inputs (e.g. organization of project activities as per the project document, developing project workplans, reporting and monitoring);
- Organize project activities, including workshops;
- Co-ordinate all project-related travel and accommodation;
- Prepare inputs regarding national “lessons” in the GEF Experience Notes format.
- University degree in water resources, natural resources management, environmental policy, ecology or biology;
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in project management related to international or bilateral projects with relevance to water and environmental issues;
- Good communication, problem solving and planning skills;
- Computer literacy with practical experience in Microsoft packages;
- Advanced proficiency in English, Russian and Ukrainian
- Ability to work with people of different nationalities, religions and cultural backgrounds.
Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund. Other allowances and benefits are similar to those offered under the United Nations Common System.
This position is for residents of Ukraine only. We strongly encourage applicants to use the online application system at https://jobs.osce.org; the Vacancy Number is VNUKRN00522. The deadline for applications is 03 September 2018. If you have difficulties with the online system, please use the Internet Explorer to find the vacancy. Applications received after the published deadline will not be considered. Due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Details of the assignment and contract may be further discussed during the interviews.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.