Raftelis is an industry leader in financial, organizational, communication, and technology consulting for utilities and the public sector. We provide insights and expertise to help government agencies operate as high-performing, sustainable entities, and, ultimately, make their communities better places to live, work, and play.
Working within a team, the Consultant will be responsible for providing exceptional client service in the water industry through various multi-discipline projects, including utility rate, management consulting and other related services.
· Analyze data, and prepare MS Excel based computer models to support a variety of financial and management studies related to water and wastewater utility financial planning, customer billing data analysis, demand forecasting, revenue requirements, cost of service studies, capital recovery fees, rate and fee design, and financial feasibility studies under the direction of team members
· Utilize technical writing skills to produce and edit reports
· Maintain effective, professional attributes while dealing with clients & colleagues
· Support senior staff in the development and execution of project work
· Participate in preparation of proposals and presentations
· Bachelor’s degree (mathematics, finance, accounting, engineering, environmental policy, economics, or other related fields)
· Knowledge of financial accounting including the ability to interpret financial information presented in municipal utility annual reports and budget documents Experience using MS Office applications of Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
· Experience analyzing large data sets
· Excellent written skills including reporting of analytical results
· Excellent oral communication skills including presenting analytical results to clients or stakeholders
· Ability to solve complex problems such as the relationship between utility financial and operational data in order to develop financial projections and cost allocation models
· Diligent, enthusiastic, and team-player attitude
· Ability to work within a small team that may be spread across a broad geography
· Ability to work independently on specific assignments once direction is provided
· Willingness to travel overnight for project and job functions, if necessary
· MS Excel modeling proficiency including the development of Visual Basic macros
· Master’s degree (MBA, Environmental Policy, or similar)
· Experience and/or the ability to articulate an interest in municipal water and wastewater utility finance and economics
· At least one year of experience performing financial analysis functions in corporate or government organizations
· Experience using relational database management systems (MS Access, SQL)
Working for a values-based organization focused on growth with an exceptional reputation in its industry, employees receive competitive compensation and generous bonus structure as well as excellent benefits that include:
· Company paid medical and dental benefits
· Health Savings Account with company contributions
· Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
· Vision Insurance
· Company paid Life and Disability Insurance and Employee Assistance Program
· Discretionary paid time off program and education reimbursement program
· 401(k) with company contributions
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. Raftelis is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and our sincere belief in the dignity of each employee, it is our policy to prohibit harassment based on race, national origin, color, age, sex, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual preference, medical condition, disability, religion, or veteran status.
To learn more about Raftelis and apply: Please visit www.raftelis.com.