1. INTERNSHIP TOPIC: “Transboundary water resources management.”
2. SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
(i) Study international best practices on transboundary water resources management with multi-disciplinary focus.
(ii) Study the context of transboundary water resources management in Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC) region and Greater Mekong Sub-region (GMS) with focus on the role of the People’s Republic of China.
(iii) Study (a) how abovementioned regions benefit from ADB’s current support on regional integration, (b) which mechanisms/approaches/projects are most relevant to transboundary water resources management, and (c) which are more effective and why.
(iv) Make recommendations on best transboundary water resources management strategies including those that can be adopted in ADB’s operations.
3. PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT:
- Duration: 16-21 weeks
- Timing: January 2019
ADB provides a stipend of 69 USD per day for a maximum of 56 calendar days only. Interns may choose to continue work beyond 56 calendar days in agreement with the designated supervisors, but without stipend.
4. LOCATION: ADB Headquarters, Manila, Philippines
5. EXPECTED OUTCOMES:
(i) Introduction to ADB staff of international lessons and best practices on transboundary water resources management.
(ii) Recommendations on strategies/approaches/mechanisms/projects to enhance the regional cooperation in transboundary water resources management for mutual benefits.
6. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Must be enrolled in a Master’s or PhD course related to water resources management.
7. RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
(i) Experience in conducting researches and/or studies on transboundary water resources management;
(ii) Familiarity in remote sensing/geographical information system would be an asset; and
(iii) Proficiency in spoken and written English.
Upload the following documents in the “Attachments” section of your application:
1. Curriculum vitae (CV)
2. Proof of enrollment to a Masters or PhD program. Inclusive dates should confirm that you will be enrolled during the intended period of assignment.
3. Essay in MS WORD or PDF document, maximum of 1500 words per question. (Please see essay questions below)
(1) Describe one example of your experience that demonstrated your interest in working in ADB.
(2) Highlight your qualifications that will help accomplish this internship assignment (e.g., coursework, research, work experience, etc.).