- Provide informed advice to support water management arrangements
- Temporary full-time opportunity until March 2022 with the possibility of multiple positions being available, regional NSW location encouraged
- Clerk Grade 9/10 with salary relative to experience, and ranges from $111,077 to $122,404 + super
The Department of Planning, Industry and Environment is currently seeking to appoint a Senior Water Planner to provide sound and reliable input to the delivery of the NSW Government’s water management planning process, consistent with the State’s and Commonwealth’s water reform agenda and relevant legislation.
The Senior Water Planner provides informed advice and technical services to support the negotiation and resolution of water management arrangements for the development of water management policies and plans. The role manages complex projects and manages stakeholder relationships to develop and implement strategies for community consultation and communication engagement.
Maintaining knowledge of the priorities, strategic directions, water reform and planning issues for DPIE Water to enable effective input to planning and policy processes will be a big part of this role.
- Extensive experience in natural resource management preferably in water related areas such as water planning or policy, environmental science, aquatic ecology, geomorphology, civil/environmental engineering and hydrology.
- Understanding of the State and Commonwealth Government’s water reform agendas, and legislative and policy requirements regarding water planning.
For more information read the full Role Description: Senior Water Planner
The Department of Planning, Industry & Environment’s (DPIE) vision is to create thriving environments, communities and economies for the people of New South Wales. We strive to be a high-performing, world-class public service organisation that celebrates and reflects the full diversity of the community we serve and seeks to embed Aboriginal cultural awareness and knowledge throughout the department.
In our inclusive and accessible workplace, differences are embraced, contributions are valued, and everyone has a sense of connection and belonging. DPIE supports various employee affinity groups, practices flexible working, offers job share and workplace adjustments. We are committed to the Premier’s Priorities and welcome applications from all.
If excited by the information above, we look forward to receiving your application, including a copy of your resume and cover letter expressing your interest and suitability for the role.
Applications close Sunday 1 August 2021 at 11:55PM.
Should you require further information about the role please contact Danielle Doughty via [email protected] or on 0448 194 296.
A recruitment pool may be created for ongoing and temporary opportunities of the same role or role type that may become available over the next 18 months.
Looking for more information or assistance in applying?
Our Diversity team can assist to:
- provide alternative formats to apply
- make adjustments to the recruitment process
- offer information about workplace adjustments and support networks
We encourage people with disability to apply. If you have disability and require more information on adjustments and assistance to apply, contact the Diversity team on [email protected] (please include reference number).
If you are an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander check out Our Mob on Country https://www.dpie.nsw.gov.au/premiers-priorities/our-mob-on-country to see the work we do and get assistance in applying.