Title: Engineer & Project Manager
Advertiser: The Alluvium Group, Fitzroy Basin Association
Location: Rockhampton, Queensland
The role is based in Rockhampton and will be seconded full time to FBA to assist in their stream, gully and broader landscape remediation programs
- FBA have a significant program of works to improve water quality entering the Great Barrier Reef and this role will help support the implementation of projects within that program.
- The role will work closely with Alluvium’s engineers, geomorphologists and planners to plan, design and implement stream and gully remediation works.
- The role will also have project management responsibilities to oversee project life cycles from design through to implementation.
- The successful person will be able to interpret scientific and engineering information and assist in providing technical oversight and project management.
Alluvium Consulting was founded on a unique understanding of urban and rural catchments, and their interaction with water resource management. Almost 15 years later, we have the largest, and most experienced, group of catchment water resource professionals, social scientists, economists, and strategists in Australia.
Fitzroy Basin Association Inc. (FBA) is a community-based organisation that works to protect natural assets, improve adoption of modern and environmentally-friendly land management practices, and promote sustainable development. We work with stakeholders across central Queensland to provide planning direction, information, advice and practical support. Through our network, we provide information, resources and technical assistance to farmers and graziers to adopt improved land management practices. Through this approach FBA is ensuring more sustainable and profitable production, improving water quality, and protecting the diversity of our local flora and fauna.
- An appreciation of how the management of our waterways and catchments can be improved and how you would like to contribute to this.
- A desire to work with landholders and other stakeholders to improve waterway health.
- Ability to manage projects and programs and work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders.
- A willingness to contribute to a collaborative and values driven work culture.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an eagerness to learn new skills.
Skills and experience:
- 2-5 years experience in environmental and/or civil engineering.
- Skills and experience in waterway management and/or civil construction, including strong project management skills. Contractor management experience would be an advantage.
- An ability to plan and coordinate the delivery of waterways management activities such as gully, stream and wetland remediation.
- Experience working within a team to achieve desired outcomes.
- Experience obtaining permits and ensuring compliance with relevant legislative requirements under various acts including, fisheries act, vegetation management act, the water act and biosecurity act would be an advantage.
- Ability to work autonomously and a high level of written and verbal communication skills.
How to apply:
- Remuneration is commensurate with skills and experience and subject to negotiation.
- We have generous policies surrounding leave and other employee benefits.
Applications consisting of a cover letter that outlines how you meet the attributes, skills and experience, accompanied by a CV can be sent to [email protected] by 30 July, 2021.
Note that applications are only open to applicants with Australian citizenship or permanent residency.
Position Description – Position description_Engineer_secondment_2021_22_v2.pdf