Full Job Description
The RRBC is a charitable, not-for-profit organization designed to help facilitate a cooperative approach to water management within the Red River Basin and is a well-established forum for identifying, developing, and implementing solutions to cross-boundary issues. We are led by 44 directors representing the diversity of this multi-jurisdictional Basin and is comprised of local, state, provincial, and First Nation government representation, the environmental community, and at-large members.
Outreach and Conference Coordinator
The responsibilities assigned to the Outreach and Conference Coordinator position include (1) assistance with all outreach activities of RRBC, and (2) coordination of all aspects of the annual summit conference. A new member of the team would be expected to assist and develop a basic understanding of a variety of water resource management issues. Those will include planning efforts and discussions on all 13 Goal Areas of the RRBC Natural Resources Framework Plan (NRFP). It is expected that they will interact with stakeholders, leaders and team members from all three states and the province of Manitoba in addition to highly placed members of state, provincial and federal agencies. The position is full-time and permanent. The base salary is $40,000/year with competitive benefit package; terms are negotiable based on applicant experience and needs.
The Outreach and Conference Coordinator shall report to the South Basin Manager.
· Lead efforts in the development and implementation of the RRBC Outreach Strategy.
· Work to maximize outreach efforts.
· Represent the RRBC at public meetings, seminars, and workshops.
· Plan and coordinate all aspects of meetings, seminars and workshops.
· Assist with stakeholder groups that RRBC helps facilitate.
· Assist in managing social media and online presence – to include website content, Facebook, or other pertinent outreach platforms.
· Establish relationships with media outlets, and develop and distribute news releases.
· Coordinates all Annual Summit Conference Activities:
· Work with the Conference Planning Committee.
· Responsible for arranging all speakers on program.
· Prepare information on all conference materials and publications so other staff can finalize layouts and all print materials.
· Responsible for meeting conference attendance and funding goals.
· Responsible for securing all advertising, sponsors, & displays.
· Responsible for making sure all conference related timelines are met.
· Responsible for conference meeting facilities.
· Coordinates all aspects of attendee participation.
· Assists as needed with other conferences, where RRBC is a partner.
· Assists in other areas as needed to help achieve the RRBC mission.
· Provides other services as directed by the RRBC, South Basin Manager, and/or the Executive Director.
Declared major with emphasis in program/event planning or public information.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Driver’s license with clean record
Passport or confirmed ability to travel into Canada
Completed Bachelors’ degree or higher and/or equivalent credits in relevant coursework for graduation
Prior work-related experience in event planning
Familiarity with water resource issues in the Red River Basin
Have a standard U.S. Passport
Terms of Employment
1. Work: 40 hours per week. Salary: Based on experience & vacation/holidays, health, dental and 401k match.
2. Tasks: Work on projects and operations as the South Basin Manager and Executive Director determine organizational needs.
3. Travel: Frequent driving to meetings throughout the Red River Valley in MN, ND and Manitoba are required with occasional overnight stays.
4. Duration: Permanent
Submit Cover Letter and Resume no later than 26 July 2021.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $40,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Fargo, ND: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Events management: 2 years (Required)
- Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location