POPULATION SERVICES INTERNATIONAL, INDIA
LOCATION: Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh
REPORTS TO: Director-Programs
SUPERVISES: Consultant (FPC)
GRADE LEVEL: VI
CATEGORY: Program Operations
PSI/INDIA is a non-profit, nongovernmental organization dedicated to improve life for SARITA in India, particularly the improvement of reproductive and sexual health, improved services for the health of mothers and children, sustainable sanitation solutions for cities and slums. PSI was incorporated in 1980 under the India Societies Act of 1860 and began implementing full-scale activities in 1988. Over the past thirty-three years, PSI has collaborated with the Government of India and a number of donors to implement various programs towards increasing the use of modern contraception for family planning, to provide products and services for the health of mothers and children and to decrease the spread of HIV/AIDS and TB. For more information, please visit www.psi.org.in .
ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
PSI is implementing ‘After the Flush’ project in Uttar Pradesh with an aim to organize and develop the Fecal Sludge market. This market development approach has two aspects. First is to provide support to the municipal authorities in preventing the unsafe disposal of faecal sludge in to the water bodies or the open lands by opening up feasible disposal locations across the city for the co- treatment and make appropriate retrofitting wherever possible. Secondly, working with the informal septic tank cleaning service providers organizing and linking them with the municipal authorities, building their capacity and integrating them in to the whole FSM system to ensure the prevention of unsafe disposal.
An experienced person who has capacity and patience to deal with the complexities of the Urban Local Bodies and the other market players to stream line the Faecal sludge and septage Management in the designated cities.
A. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Engage with the market players critical for the Fecal Sludge management, understand the needs, gaps and the requirements.
• Identify the local challenges pertaining to the fecal sludge and septage disposal and treatment
• Assess the entire sanitation value chain in the project area, identify gaps and suggest most feasible solutions
• Build capacities of the existing Service provider’s association and expanding the model
• Facilitate the local bodies in development and establishment of a monitoring mechanism for environmental and health safety across the value chain.
• Design or adopt a training module for building capacities of the stake holders.
• Build a rapport with the local authorities that helps in safe Fecal sludge disposal and treatment
• Develop/adapt and rollout communication plan and roll out
• Coordinate with KMC in the establishment of demand aggregation system, supervise its installation and ensure its completion, functionality and its dissemination across the city
• Participate in PSI internal meeting and also represent PSI in City level government or partners meeting etc.
• Travel to the other cities and participate in the meetings as and when required
• Support Manager- MIS in compiling monthly data using Information Management System
• Prepare and submit monthly reports
B. QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Post-Graduate with 5-8 years of experience.
• Preferably 3 years of experience in Sanitation.
• Work experience in Fecal Sludge Management and nonprofit organization will be preferred
• Understanding of public health issues
• leadership and managerial skills
• A team player with strong training & mentoring skills
• Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
• Good computer skills.
• Resource Management
• Understanding of issue of Target Group
• Highest integrity, maturity and professionalism
• Willingness to travel
• Result focused- Move focus from analysis to action; show persistence to overcome obstacles; take immediate action to solve problems; ensure follow through.
• Customer service orientation- See PSI from the client point of view; keep client needs paramount when making decisions and taking action; think beyond current client base; understand the forces that impact PSI, those we serve and those we could serve in the future. (Client refers to all internal/external stakeholders and customers. This should be more clearly defined by manager and employee, as appropriate).
• Take responsibility- Initiate action without needing direction; act like an owner of the organization; take preventive action to head off anticipated problems.
• Solve problems- Develop and sustain positive relationships with others; build connections with others based on an in-depth understanding of their needs and concerns; establish networks.
• Build strong work relationship- Develop and sustain positive relationships with others; build connections with others based on an in-depth understanding of their needs and concerns; establish networks.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability
|Job Email id:||careers(at)psi.org.in|