Job type: Full time
Job classification: VPSG3
Contact: Michael Finger | (03) 8508 1736
Job attachments: 50811441 VPS 3 Water Resources Analyst PD.docx
Here is an opportunity to be mentored by experienced industry leading team to develop your technical and professional capability.
The Surface Water Assessment and Modelling Team plays a key role in ensuring that decisions about Victoria’s surface water resources are supported by the best-available information, surface water assessments and modelling.
The Water Resource Analyst will be responsible for undertaking technical tasks and coordinating project management activities related to delivery of Water for Victoria and implementation of the Basin Plan.
In this role you will –
- Develop skills at leading edge of hydrological software development, model development and application including with software vendors and consultants.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to translate technical assessment and modelling works into policy and projects
- Exposure to interstate water sharing arrangements and river operations
- A relevant tertiary qualification in science or engineering is mandatory.
- Skills in technical data analysis and/or hydrologic modelling.
- Experience in technical report writing.
- Knowledge of the Victorian water supply systems or the Murray-Darling Basin is desirable.
This is an ongoing position.
To be considered for this position, your application should include a supporting statement demonstrating that you meet the Key Selection Criteria detailed in the position description, including the Specialist/Technical Expertise/Qualifications and capabilities sections.
For further information please refer to the attached position description.
Applications close at midnight on Sunday 25 July 2021.
Other relevant information:
Preferred candidates will be required to undertake pre-employment screening, including a Declaration and Consent form and a National Police Check.
Applicants must possess corresponding work rights to be eligible for appointment for the advertised employment period. To be appointed to an ongoing position you must be an Australian Permanent Resident or an Australian/New Zealand citizen.
We are building an inclusive workplace to help realise the potential of our employees, embrace our differences, and apply our diverse thinking to innovation and delivering services to Victorian communities. All jobs can be worked flexibly and we encourage job applications from Aboriginal people, people with disabilities, young people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.