Job Description of Project Supervisor – Khordha, Odisha
Water For People India Trust was established as a non-profit entity in the year 2008 and is committed to undertake actions that enable and deliver universal access to safe drinking water and sanitation to populations in India. WFPIT design and implement programs/projects relating to improving the quality of life of those most in need by providing funding and training for water, sanitation and health and hygiene programs. In addition, WFPIT works to strengthens the indigenous NGO sector of India by training, funding and building their capacity to perform good development work. Aligned to its ‘Everyone Forever’ approach, WFPIT aims to create and deliver sustainable solutions to WASH. Presently, WFPIT programs are being implemented in West Bengal, Bihar, Odisha and Maharashtra.
Water For People India Trust (hereafter referred to as Water For People – India) came into existence in 2008. Water For People India Trust is an affiliate of Water For People USA
Job Summary: The position is of a consultant and will be responsible to work closely with the Khordha project team of Water for People India Trust operating in Odisha under ITC Limited supported project on components of School WASH that includes health and hygiene promotion among the local communities, schools and specific target groups. Apart from this, (s)he will be responsible to establish mechanisms for operations & maintenance of the created WASH facilities in the schools– including interface with the school management committees, ward counsellors and respective local government and PRIs in Khordha. As per requirement, also would extend support to Ganjam team.
2. Scope of Work:
The Consultant will implement the project activities as per approved Annual Implementation Plan of hygiene sessions, ensuring co-finance and O&M in schools & community; orientation of Parent-Teachers’ Association (PTA), capacity building of Child Cabinet and other community based structures towards creating maintenance fund for effective O&M in schools & community; linkage with government (line departments / Gram Panchayats / Municipality) for convergence. This role involves travel to program areas as per requirement.
3. Duty station
Khordha , Odisha, India.
4. Key Functions and Responsibilities: The following are the deliverables of the Consultant:
• Review and prepare the activity calendar of the project in consultation with Reporting Line.
• Assisting Reporting Line and cooperate with all the stakeholders with providing necessary facilitation support relating to the project.
• Conduct Baseline Survey of Block, analyses the data and submit baseline report in discussion with the Reporting line.
• Complete the construction of School Toilet Block, Community Sanitary Complex and Household sanitation following the process and norms of Water For People India Trust within time period as per the project budget.
• Undertake regular site visit of the ongoing project and provide report to the line manager every month.
• Conduct training need assessment of the stakeholders and share with the line manager and organize training as per the requirement.
• Initiate the system of Operation and Maintenance of all the schools/ Community Sanitary Complex of the intervened block in discussion with Reporting Line.
• The purpose and outcome of all field visits must be documented in visit report and submitted to the Reporting Line.
• Document all important meetings/workshops with pictures and submit to the Line Manager.
• Capture good, interesting case stories with pictures and submit to the Line Manager.
• Organize necessary meeting/ workshop in district/block/Gram Panchayat and schools to lead smooth execution of the program.
• Participate in the monthly review meeting and identify the challenges to work with the stakeholders.
• Participate in the training/workshops organized by Water For People India Trust for individual skill up gradation.
• Provide necessary support and cooperation to the project Trust team of Water For People India (especially Community mobiliser) supported projects to understand the scope of work and growing opportunities.
• Review the performance of own objectives and indicators with line manager on a Quarterly basis.
• Any Other Tasks as assigned by Project Officer/Project Manager/Managing Trustee.
5. Academic qualification required:
Applicant is required to have a minimum graduation degree in Social Science / Social Work or any related stream.
6. Experience required:
Applicant should possess minimum 2 to 3 years relevant experience of implementing WASH/Health/Education programs, preferably in the state of Odisha/Kolkata.
The position reports to Project Officer and to Project Manager, as second reporting officer.
8. Skills and Experience:
Holistic understanding of the Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion
Good communication and networking skills.
Excellent facilitation skills
Skill on working with school students, adolescents and community, local governance, and participation.
Ability to meet deadlines and achieve results, while maintaining congeniality and professionalism.
Good documentation skills
9. Language requirement:
Should be comfortable in speaking, reading, and writing in Odia and minimum level of abilities in Hindi and English.
10. Application Submission:
Qualified, interested candidates are encouraged to apply with their resume and Cover Letter.
Applicants are also requested to submit a “Letter of Interest” describing their suitability and interest for the position.
The Letter of Interest can be written in Hindi, English or regional languages.
Email id for submission – [email protected]
Last date of application submission – 22nd July 2021.
|Job Email id:||HR-India(at)waterforpeople.org|