World Wildlife Fund (WWF), the world’s leading conservation organization, seeks a Program Manager at our Washington, DC office. The program manager will serve as an integral member of a team that is engaged in a global project for WWF-US. The program manager will be responsible for the oversight and day to day management of the project. The program manager will manage the outcome tables and associated budgeting and contracting processes, review financial tracking and reporting and grants and agreements, for the programs. He/she will provide oversight of all aspects of the program including program grantees and contractors to ensure that budgets and agreements are handled in accordance with WWF policies, procedures, systems, and donor requirements. This job is a limited-term position funded through March 2021.
- Support the implementation and monitoring of the project through WWF Standards for Operations and Conservation Program Management and other best practices.
- With the Financial Manager and Officers, design and oversee financial management systems to provide for timely budgeting, financial reporting and auditing and to meet WWF internal and donor needs and policies.
- Ensure technical progress reports are completed and submitted as required to donors.
- Where required, manage subcontractors and grants reporting.
- Provide and request information from relevant WWF units and external grant recipients (NOs, PO, Intl, other GIs, etc.) to meet network requirements
- Manage daily activities of the Core Team, including administrative and HR matters.
- Reviews and monitors status of budgets and communicates to appropriate program staff. Ensures spending levels are appropriate and coding is correct. Identifies problems and recommends corrective action, and assists in the revision of budgets as necessary. Ensures organizational standards and guidelines are met;
- Collects information, coordinates and prepares draft reports to WWF and to the donor, ensuring donor requirements are met. Reviews, consolidates and analyzes all project reports to ensure compliance, and notifies program staff of any problems or discrepancies and provides technical assistance to grantees in resolving problems;
- Identifies, coordinates, and expedites information-sharing both intra-departmentally and inter-departmentally, as well as externally with WWF network, core architects and implementation partners. Recommends and implements departmental procedures and provides feedback on policies and operating procedures. Maintains good working relationships with collaborators.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; an advanced degree in management, international development or a relevant field is preferred.
- At least 8 years substantial and successful experience in project or program management, with particular expertise in monitoring and evaluation and performance management.
- Demonstrated success in managing multi-disciplinary teams and multiple donor budgets.
- Familiarity with Foundations funded projects is highly desirable.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of individuals, particularly with remote teams.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to analyze information about projects and activities and prepare concise reports and presentations that clearly communicate results and encourages support.
- Quantitative and analytical skills;
- Attention to detail, ability to prioritize and work accurately under time constraints.
- Able to operate with considerable independence and discretion.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Position may require up to 10% international travel.
- Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page, Requisition #19011
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone