Tetra Tech International Development Services is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for an anticipated, $25-50 million USAID-funded, Urban Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (UWASH) Activity in Ethiopia. The Activity is anticipated to be a five-year contract to support accelerated access to inclusive and resilient water supply, sanitation, and hygiene services in targeted urban and peri-urban areas. The Activity will work to fulfill this purpose through four complementary objectives: 1) strengthen Government of Ethiopia urban WASH planning, budgeting and service delivery oversight; 2) strengthen the operationalization of an independent regulator; 3) enable and professionalize public and private WASH service providers; and 4) extend WASH services to poor and marginalized households.
Working under the overall direction of the Chief of Party (COP) and in coordination and collaboration with project technical staff, the Deputy Chief of Party – Operations will have the primary responsibility of ensuring the timely provision and delivery of all required project financial, administrative, compliance and grants, procurement and subcontracts support to the execution of the Urban WASH project.
* Supervise a team of administration and finance professionals. Provide leadership, supervise and mentor local administrative and financial staff to effect sound project management, fiscal and administrative due diligence, and the development of organizational and individual capacities.
* Identify and implement changes in administrative and financial policies and procedures that will enhance the cost effectiveness of program implementation.
* Execute operational planning/budgeting procedures and tools outlined in Tetra Tech’s Standard Operating Procedures that require technical units to provide adequate advance notice of support needs to financial, administrative, logistical, HR, and procurement units.
* Assist the COP to arrange technical and administrative support for short-term consultants and contractors.
* Ensure compliance of project operations with USAID, and Tetra Tech Home Office administrative policies and guidelines.
* Support implementation efforts throughout Ethiopia when requested by the COP.
* Respond to pertinent information requests from project partners and other relevant organizations/institutions.
* Administer and manage the efficient utilization and maintenance of project resources, including vehicles, IT and office equipment and furnishings, and any other physical assets purchased by or assigned to the project.
* Advise the COP on all policy matters concerning project administration and financial management.
* A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline such as business administration, policy, or international development. A Master’s degree is desirable.
* At least eight years of experience with USAID project management including progressively greater responsibility managing and supporting procurement and grants management, human resources, budgeting and finance, compliance, work planning and reporting, monitoring, evaluation and
learning, and communications.
* Strong report writing skills demonstrated through high quality contributions to work plans and progress reports.
* Successful track record in a supervisory role and in providing feedback and guidance to technical and administration personnel.
* Demonstrated capacity to work in a fast-paced context and across cultures.
* Experience in East Africa and Ethiopia preferred.
* Fluency in English (written and spoken) required. Amharic language skills a plus.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Please ensure that your Cover Letter and CV/Resume are uploaded and any additional requested documentation, if noted above, as part of your application. Incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.