Tetra Tech International Development Services is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for an anticipated $25-50 million USAID-funded Urban Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (UWASH) Activity in Ethiopia. The Activity is anticipated to be a five-year contract to support accelerated access to inclusive and resilient water supply, sanitation, and hygiene services in targeted urban and peri-urban areas. The Activity will work to fulfill this purpose through four complementary objectives: 1) strengthen Government of Ethiopia urban WASH planning, budgeting and service delivery oversight; 2) strengthen the operationalization of an independent regulator; 3) enable and professionalize public and private WASH service providers; and 4) extend WASH services to poor and marginalized households.
Working under the overall direction of the Chief of Party (COP) and in coordination and collaboration with project technical staff, the Deputy Chief of Party – Technical will have the primary responsibility of providing a high level of technical oversight and management support to the Activity’s technical team.
* Under COP supervision, responsible for development of the work plan and allocation of staff resources for all aspects of technical activity implementation. This includes setting a vision for the integrated implementation of objectives while ensuring adequate resources to accomplish each task and its
* Works closely with technical and operational team to implement high-quality WASH programming and interventions, including in the areas of WASH governance, regulation, service delivery, and household access to WASH services.
* Regularly liaises with government officials and other key stakeholders.
* Services as Acting COP as needed.
* Advanced degree (minimum masters or equivalent) in Engineering, Urban Planning, or other relevant fields.
* Minimum of eight years of experience working on urban water supply and/or sanitation, market systems strengthening or other related projects.
* Experience managing construction contracting, preferably in water/sanitation sector, from tendering through closeout and for multiple subcontracts in multiple locations simultaneously.
* A strong understanding of the challenges of water supply/sanitation/wastewater service providers in Ethiopia.
* Technical experience providing operations, administrative and finance support to projects, preferably in the water/sanitation sector.
* Previous supervisory experience and exceptional management skills, including experience planning and executing activities, managing to work plans, and overseeing budgets.
* Experience in East Africa and Ethiopia required.
* Fluency in English (written and spoken) required. Amharic language skills a plus.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Please ensure that your Cover Letter and CV/Resume are uploaded and any additional requested documentation, if noted above, as part of your application. Incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.