Tetra Tech International Development Services is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for an anticipated $25-50 million USAID-funded Urban Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (UWASH) Activity in Ethiopia. The Activity is anticipated to be a five-year contract to support accelerated access to inclusive and resilient water supply, sanitation, and hygiene services in targeted urban and peri-urban areas. The Activity will work to fulfill this purpose through four complementary objectives: 1) strengthen Government of Ethiopia urban WASH planning, budgeting and service delivery oversight; 2) strengthen the operationalization of an independent regulator; 3) enable and professionalize public and private WASH service providers; and 4) extend WASH services to poor and marginalized households.
Working under the overall direction of the Deputy Chief of Party (COP) – Operations and in coordination and collaboration with project technical staff, the MEL Manager will lead activities related to the development and implementation of the Activity MEL plan.
* Oversees the MEL Plan design and development, incorporating Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) actions.
* Supervises the work of all MEL staff on the project, including communications with partner organizations.
* Provides formal training to grantees, partners, and other relevant stakeholders on the project’s MEL systems, policies, procedures, templates, and forms.
* As required, participates in client-directed data quality assessments (DQA) and preparation of reports.
* Verifies program results with supporting documentation, photographs, and success stories.
* Ensures that all data from field-based activities, grantees, subcontractors, and secondary data are input into an established project database in a timely, efficient, and accurate process.
* Responsible for all performance data analysis.
* Oversees and ensures the learning cycle is integrated and institutionalized.
* Offers timely data to facilitate evidence-based management decisions.
* Assist in providing concise, summarized reporting against indicators for semi-annual and annual progress reports.
* Advanced degree in Social Science, Project Management, International Development, M&E, or related field.
* At least six years of experience in international development, in a field related to MEL
* Proven experience actively fostering CLA.
* Experience monitoring the impact of activities on vulnerable populations, including youth and women.
* Familiar with USAID’s approach to MEL.
* At least three years supervisory work experience.
* Experience in East Africa and Ethiopia required.
* Fluency in English (written and spoken) and Amharic.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad psoted.
Please ensure that your Cover Letter and CV/Resume are uploaded and any additional requested documentation, if noted above, as part of your application. Incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.