Businesses talk about Culture – We live it.
Here at Gisborne District Council, we pull our values from the community we serve. It makes sense then that we are enthusiastic about culture in our workplace. Family and inclusivity are deep seated in our culture. We work hard together to make our people proud and our whanau are why we are so passionate about what we do for the community here at Gisborne District Council.
We are currently looking for a Senior Water Quality Science Officer to join our existing team. You will be well supported by a team that prides ourselves on nurturing an inclusive workspace that embraces innovation and creativity, so bring your passion and leading-edge ideas to Gisborne District Council.
You will have:
- A relevant tertiary degree with a predominant content of environmental sciences, hydrology, geography, natural resources or equivalent
- A minimum of three years technical work experience in water quality or environmental data collection and analysis
- Experience with environmental data and database systems
- A full New Zealand drivers licence and capable swimmer
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong scientific skills and technical understanding of the principles underlying scientific data collection and management
- Experience with statistical analysis and ability to produce a high standard of analysis and reporting using statistical packages
- A basic knowledge of working with mana whenua or at least a willingness to learn
Your day will look like:
You will be responsible for leading technical monitoring projects, providing expert advice and guidance on environmental monitoring activities and environmental data, particularly on topics of water quality.
What we offer:
- Full time permanent role because we know that job stability is important.
- Flexible working hours to enjoy our tranquil and beautiful surroundings and spending time with your greatest supporters; your whanau.
- Ability to balance your hours around your family and other commitments.
Who we are:
Gisborne District Council is the local government, both district and regional authority for Tairāwhiti, New Zealand. We are the proud winners of the 2019 LGNZ Excellence Awards, for our work to grow and promote the well-being of our community and people. With more and more people choosing Tairāwhiti for its lifestyle, environment and culture, it’s an exciting time to be joining our thriving and diverse region. At Gisborne District Council, we see you as more than a cog in the wheel; you are a valued voice for your whanau and community.
- Bring your whole self to work: we celebrate this and all it means.
- Represent our diverse community and be the guardian of our rich heritage.
- Have a hand in our legacy for Tairāwhiti’s Tāngata and lead the region now and into the future.
So, what are you waiting for? Check the job description, and if this looks like you, go for it, and apply now and make a difference in the lives of future generations.
Applications close 10am Monday 2 August 2021.
For further information please contact Peter Hancock.Job LocationGisborne, Gisborne (Tūranga nui a Kiwa), New Zealand