- Continuous full time (37.5 hours per week)
- Lecturer Level B/Senior Lecturer Level C | $95k-$134k plus 17% employer superannuation contributions
- Salary Packaging opportunities
- Ref: 2709A01
At Murdoch, we pride ourselves on our diverse and vibrant workplace. We are committed to the recruitment and development of skilled and passionate people, who want to make a difference to the world around them. With more than 23,000 students and 1,700 staff across three campuses in the Perth area as well as centres in Singapore and Dubai, Murdoch has an ambitious agenda both locally and internationally.
Environmental and Conservation Sciences is a multidisciplinary group of academics with expertise in environmental management, ecology, zoology, sustainability, tourism, marine science, climate change, social change, and biosecurity. Of these areas, environmental science and management, ecology, zoology, forestry science, biological sciences, earth science and fisheries science are rated world class or above under the recent ERA assessment.
An opportunity has arisen for a Lecturer/Senior Lecturer to join our highly specialist team in Environmental and Conservation Sciences at Murdoch, take a lead role in coordinating and teaching across our undergraduate units in Environmental Management and lead research programs.
About the Role
This position will involve teaching, research and administrative duties within the College of Science Health Engineering and Education (SHEE), discipline of Environmental and Conservation Sciences (ECS). This role will coordinate teaching at the undergraduate and postgraduate level, as well as supervision of Honours and HDR students. The appointee will be expected to engage in scholarly research and to take a leading role in the area of socio-ecological systems, within the Harry Butler Institute. In addition, the appointee will undertake administrative duties within ECS and if appropriate the College and wider University.
What you’ll bring to the role
- Completion of a PhD in an area relevant to appointment.
- Demonstrated experience in quality teaching at the undergraduate and post graduate levels in the field of environmental science
- Demonstrated skills in robust study design and social science research methods, including statistical data analysis and socio-ecological modelling skills
- Demonstrated success in generating high quality independent research outputs
- An international profile in the field of Environmental Science
- Extensive experience with coordinating and leading research projects
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively as a member of an interdisciplinary and collegial team.
What you’ll get in return
You will be part of a vibrant and talented team, work in an innovative and lively university community and enjoy the benefits that come with working at Murdoch. Our people enjoy a lively, natural campus and world-class facilities, as well as a range of benefits including:
- Competitive remuneration
- Paid leave entitlements
- Flexible work arrangements
- Salary packaging options
- Employee Assistance Program
- On Campus Services and Facilities, including a Childcare Centre, Gym, Vet Hospital and Chiropractic Clinic
Please click ‘Apply for this job’ and submit the following:
- A cover letter including a statement addressing the selection criteria (found in the Position Description)
- Your most recent resume (CV)
Please visit the Murdoch Careers Page to view the position description for this role. Applications sent by post or email will not be accepted. Please note visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Murdoch University values workplace diversity, promotes inclusion, and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, women, and individuals with disability. Applicants who have support or access requirements, are encouraged to advise this at the time of their application, to ensure appropriate assistance is provided throughout the recruitment process.
Closing date: Sunday 1 August 2021 (11:59pm)
The University reserves the right to withdraw this advertisement at any time.