Innovation: Africa is looking to hire an experienced hydrogeologist with expertise in the areas of drilling, geological surveying, borehole development and water analysis. The hydrogeologist will be responsible for overseeing geophysical surveys, drilling, and borehole development of all iA solar water pumping systems across 6 African countries. The hydrogeologist will be responsible to supervise iA’s local water contractors and in-house engineers, as well as providing technical support in all projects. As this is predominantly in-the-field work, candidates should expect frequent travel to Africa to work closely with the local team and water contractors to ensure the implementation of ongoing water projects.
The position is based in Herzliya, Israel and will require trips to Africa for the training of local staff and oversight of operations.
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in hydrogeology or closely related field, with an emphasis on solar water systems
· Master’s degree preferred
· Have at least 10 years of professional experience working with water systems and borehole development in developing countries
· High-level reading, writing and speaking proficiency in English
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent computer skills (MS Office Suite and other related programs and software).
· Knowledge of off-grid solar water systems
Level of Language Proficiency
Native English-speaker Preferred
Location: Maskit St 27, Herzliya, Israel Floor 2
How to Apply
Please send your cover letter and CV as a single PDF attachment to [email protected]. Please make the file name your full name.