Samarthan-Centre for Development Support
Project: Water + Women Alliance (WWA)
Position: Block Coordinator
Location: Khandwa, Madhya Pradesh
Compensation: INR 3 – 3.30 lakhs per annum.
How to Apply: Please send your detailed resume along with following to [email protected] latest by 20th July, 2021.
• A statement of suitability for this position (maximum 100 words)
• Expected salary and notice period
• Two references
About Samarthan – Centre for Development Support
Established in 1995, Samarthan is a support organisation to address the challenges of poverty and underdevelopment through participatory development and governance. Samarthan promotes participatory development process by challenging the conventional top down model of development through direct field action, capacity building, research and advocacy. The activities of Samarthan are concentrated in 20 districts of Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh. Besides, Samarthan has a large network of CSO’s, support organisations and grassroot groups to demonstrate examples of participatory governance as well as to amplify voices of the poor, dalits, tribals and women in policy making platforms.
For more details, visit www.samarthan.org
‘Women and Water Alliance’ Program is being implemented by Samarthan in three districts of Madhya Pradesh namely Sehore, Indore and Khandwa, supported by WaterAid under aegis of USAID-GAP Inc. The geographical coverage of the project includes 16 blocks of these respective districts focusing on more than 800 villages. Under the program women and youth were identified as primary stakeholders / change agents to manage and control water resources. It aimed at capacitating on developing understanding and build on skills of women and youth on their entitlements on accessing safe drinking water.
• Assessment of institutions and mechanisms facilitating Water security planning with women taking the lead.
• Train women and youth to conduct drinking water quality tests using Field Testing Kits.
• Develop a cadre of youth and women for community mobilization and ensure that they are adequately trained and supported through regular guidance and handholding support.
• Form and strengthen water user committees at the community level by ensuring 50% representation and leadership by women.
• Build capacity of women and youth on community managed Pipe Water Scheme and O&M.
• Build local awareness generation on water quality, water security and source sustainability.
• Develop a cadre of water technocrats (women/youth) to help GP and community plans for drinking water.
• Encourage greater participation of women in Gram Sabah and other governance institutions.
• Implement social audit/citizen’s score card on water issues, with active participation of women and youth.
• Build capacity of GPs around water security and water quality issues. Develop GP-level water security plans for all target GPs.
• Build capacity of district and block representatives on water security and on water quality issues.
Required qualification, Experience & Competencies
Master / Bachelor degree in Social Work / Development Studies / Rural Development / Management or other closely related field.
1-2 years of relevant experience in WASH/Rural Development/Women Empowerment or other closely related field is desirable.
• Good leadership quality and communication skills.
• Decent knowledge of computer (MS Office).
• Willingness to travel extensively in field area (within block)
Due to large no. of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. (Don’t wait until the deadline. We will start screening right away and if we find the right person, we will stop searching).
Samarthan promotes Gender Diversity – Applications from women professionals are encouraged.