Be a part of a revolutionary change
At Philip Morris International (PMI), we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
Wherever you join our crucial 47,000-strong Operations team, you’ll have the opportunity to make an impact. PMI’s shift from selling cigarettes to our new smoke-free products has changed the way we work. New products bring new challenges – in the way we source and buy raw materials, in the way we engineer and manufacture, and in our supply chain planning.
Bring us your curiosity and a desire to challenge the everyday and we’ll give you lots of responsibility. You’ll help us improve, inject innovation and create new ways of working.
YOUR ‘DAY TO DAY’
As Manager Environmental Sustainability Water, you will be part of Operations Sustainability department and will be reporting to the Head of Environmental Sustainability, PMI Operations at Philip Morris International. The position is based in Crespellano (Italy).
A key responsibility will be to lead the water strategy of Operations end-to-end and provide deep expertise on topics related to core capabilities (water resources management, water stewardship, water use optimization (technologies and response), water innovation solutions, climate change and adaptation strategies, etc.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Lead water actions based on robust processes and innovative solutions: Lead the accounting of water footprint in PMI operations, including a specific focus on agriculture; Work across the organization with teams in operations and beyond to deliver the annual water related targets
• Development of water resources management strategy in the value chain and projects with relevant internal/external partners: Stay abreast of global macro trends and be recognized as a sustainability leader within and outside PMI and lead projects related to water management, efficiency and quality, guiding on methodologies, implementation patterns and verification approaches, mainly in the supply chain
• Maintaining current CDP A rating (climate change, forest, water): Be responsible for the disclosures, identify & develop content and lead disclosure process
Who we’re looking for:
• Master degree in Environmental Science, Agricultural Production and Agronomy Engineer/Science, Environmental engineer or other related degree with a specialization in Environmental Sustainability Management with focus on water resources management
• Demonstrated experience with sustainability projects, water management, innovation and partner engagement
• Analytical skills: ability to quickly process and understand complexity & ambiguity and define right solutions to tough problems
• Abreast of macro trends in environment/social sustainability
• Ability to pass messages in a concise and clear way, to present in an effective way and to interact with diverse set of stakeholders and levels in the organization
• Ability to work effectively with and through a diversity of people
• Leadership background where effectively collaborating with cross functional teams has been essential in multi-national and multi-cultural environments;
• Strong ability to build network
• Self-starter/learner, able to work independently but also take and implement direction and advice
• English, Italian proficient is a plus
What we offer:
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
• Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
• Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
• Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
Philip Morris Manufacturing & Technology Bologna (PM MTB)
PM MTB is Philip Morris International’s Center of excellence, worldwide recognized for prototyping, mass-volume production and employees’ training on smoke-free products. PM MTB employs more than 1000 employees and its production site of Crespellano is one of the most advanced manufacturing venues in Italy for technology innovation, competencies development and talent recognition. In 2021, Philip Morris Manufacturing & Technology Bologna has been awarded as Top Employer for the eighth year in a row. In the same year, was also granted the Equal Salary Certification certificate by the homonymous foundation to certify that men and women are paid equally for equivalent work.
For more information, see our PMI and PMI Science websites.
•  Reduced-risk products (“RRPs”) is the term we use to refer to products that present, are likely to present, or have the potential to present less risk of harm to smokers who switch to these products versus continued smoking. We have a range of RRPs in various stages of development, scientific assessment and commercialization.