Delivery of key projects including being an integral member of a team delivering innovative planning, monitoring and sustainable management and use solutions for North Region’s water resources. You will assist in providing a service for the Department’s water monitoring group by undertaking technical activities to Departmental specifications and standards.
• Work under the guidance of supervisors to operate and maintain the monitoring networks including collecting and processing hydrometric data, conducting stream flow measurements and collecting water samples.
• Assist in the installation, maintenance, calibration and repair of technical equipment associated with water monitoring data collection.
• Use computer equipment in the computation, processing, storage manipulation and retrieval of surface water and groundwater data.
• Participation in short and medium term water related projects on a needs basis.
• Keep abreast of technological advances and to further develop skills and knowledge of the principles of water monitoring through in house and external training.
• Cooperation in maintaining a high level of personal and team safety within the guidelines of safe practices and procedures.
• Interact with the water monitoring group, managers, other departmental staff and clients.
Applications to remain current for12 months.