The Consortium of Universities for the Advancement of Hydrologic Science, Inc. (CUAHSI) invites applications for a Community Services Manager to assist in executing the organization’s strategy to engage CUAHSI’s constituency, including the CUAHSI member organizations, the broader science community, and the general public. The Community Services Manager provides leadership in designing and executing educational programs, developing new initiatives aligned with the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Plan, and administering grants programs.
Essential Job Functions
- Execute CUAHSI’s existing proposal-based competitions and develop other grants programs as needed.
- Assist in the coordination and oversight of logistical aspects of CUAHSI Virtual University, including communicating with participating instructors, setting up Canvas workspace, and recruiting instructors
- Assist other staff in the execution of services
- Support CUAHSI governance and operations through engagement with all Standing Committees
- Lead, design, and execute new initiatives in alignment with the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Plan, including developing programs targeted to faculty and students at Primarily Undergraduate Institutions
- Other duties as assigned
Non-Essential Job Functions
- Some travel is required
- Master’s Degree in a related field from an accredited university preferred, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Strong science background; experience in the water sciences a plus
- At least two years of work experience in program management or related position
- Ability to communicate with diverse audiences
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated leadership and organizational skills
- Ability to adapt to emerging technologies and develop new skills
Remote or in Cambridge, MA
The incumbent will report to the Deputy Director. To apply, submit a CV and cover letter to Deanna McCay ([email protected]). Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.