Under the supervision of the OSCE Mission to Serbia’s Senior Governance Adviser, the consultant will engage in the implementation of DG/EA project activities including two capacity development events aimed at strengthening the implementation of the environmental legislative framework for senior law students and MPs, a state-wide outreach campaign promoting mitigation and adaptation measures to climate change and a multi-stakeholder event to promote gender-sensitive model legislation to enhance local disaster risk reduction (DRR) policies.
The overall aim of these activities is to raise public awareness and develop capacities of key stakeholders to address environmental challenges in line with international environmental standards, reduce environmental risks, and enhance environmental security in Serbia.
The consultant will be required to perform the following tasks:
- Provide assistance in the development, implementation and review of project documents related to activities addressing local environmental security challenges through three Mission-supported Implementing Partner Agreements with Aarhus Centers in New Belgrade, Kragujevac and South East Serbia;
- Provide support to developing documents aimed at engaging 5 consultants in the Environmental Law Clinic training course and 1 consultant for mainstreaming a gender perspective into local DRR policies;
- Assist in organizing 2 field visits and training courses for MPs, members of the Green Parliamentary Network, in Jagodina and Cacak;
- Provide support to the implementation of four promotional campaigns related to mitigating climate change, organized in Novi Sad, Subotica, Kragujevac and Nis;
- Assist in organizing a high-level, multi-stakeholder event aimed at promoting the Mission-supported, gender-sensitive Model Plan for Managing Risks of Natural Hazards in Local Self-governance Units;
- Conduct background research required for the preparation of project activities, draft reports and inputs to Section documents, maintain records of programme activities and projects with indicators of performance;
- Draft minutes from meetings, maintain a filing system and update/maintain the electronic document management system.