Lund University, LTH,
Lund University was founded in 1666 and is repeatedly ranked among the world’s top 100 universities. The University has around 44 000 students and more than 8 000 staff based in Lund, Helsingborg and Malmö. We are united in our efforts to understand, explain and improve our world and the human condition.
LTH forms the Faculty of Engineering at Lund University, with approximately 9 000 students. The research carried out at LTH is of a high international standard and we are continuously developing our teaching methods and adapting our courses to current needs.
The department of Building and Environmental Technology at Lund University, Faculty of Engineering invites applications for a position as Associate Senior Lecturer in water resources engineering with speciality in urban hydrology.
Water resouces engineering with speciality in urban hydrology
In urban hydrology, hydrological processes in urban environments and how they are affected by various technical solutions are studied; conventional piped sewers as well as sustainable drainage solutions. The focus of the employment is mainly on the premises for the implementation of sustainable drainage solutions and how well these function during extreme events such as floods and droughts. Development and use of mathematical models to simulate runoff, retention, infiltration, and evaporation in urban environments are also within the framework of the employment.
Employment as an Associate Senior Lecturer is a career development position, which aims for the holder to develop his or her independence as a researcher and educator. The work duties mainly involve research and teaching. The position shall include the opportunity for five weeks of training in higher education teaching and learning.
Work duties include:
- Research within the subject area.
- Teaching in the first, second and third cycles of studies.
- Supervision of degree projects and doctoral students.
- Actively seeking external research funding.
- Collaboration with industry and wider society.
- Administration related to the work duties listed above.
Appointment to Associate Senior Lecturer requires that the applicant has a PhD, or acquired corresponding research expertise.
Priority should be given to applicants who have completed their degree or acquired the equivalent expertise no more than five years before the last date for applications.
For appointment to Associate Senior Lecturer, the following shall form the assessment criteria:
- A good ability to develop and conduct high quality research.
- Teaching skills.
- Very good oral and written proficiency in English.
- Very good oral and written proficiency in Swedish.
- Experience of working in multidisciplinary and international projects.
- Experience of project management.
- Ability to actively, independently and successfully seek external funding.
- Ability to communicate research results outside the academy.
- Established national and international contacts.
Consideration will also be given to ability to cooperate, drive and independence, and how the applicant’s experience and skills complement and strengthen ongoing research, education and innovation within the department, and how they stand to contribute to its future development.
Terms of employment
This is a full-time, fixed-term employment of 6 years. The employment is regulated in accordance with Chapter 4 Section 12a§ HEA.
Instructions on how to apply
Applications shall be written in English. Please draw up the application in accordance with LTH’s Academic qualifications portfolio – see link below. Upload the application as PDF-files in the recruitment system. Read more:
Promotion to Senior Lecturer in water resources engineering with speciality in urban hydrology
During the period of employment, an Associate Senior Lecturer can apply for promotion to a permanent position as Senior Lecturer if he or she has the required qualifications listed below, and is deemed suitable. An Associate Senior Lecturer can only apply for promotion once.
Appointment to Senior Lecturer requires that the applicant has:
- A PhD or corresponding research competence or professional expertise considered important with regard to the subject matter of the post and the work duties it will involve.
- Demonstrated teaching expertise.
- Completed five weeks of training in higher education teaching and learning, or acquired equivalent knowledge by other means.
The assessment criteria specify the aspects to be taken into account, and the level to be achieved, in order for the assessment criteria to be deemed fulfilled. The following assessment criteria must be fulfilled for appointment to senior lecturer:
- A good national and international standing as a researcher. The requirement for international experience shall be assessed with consideration to the character and traditions of the subject.
- Good teaching ability, including a good ability to conduct, develop and lead teaching and other educational activities on different levels and using a variety of teaching methods.
- An ability to supervise doctoral students to achieve a PhD.
- An ability to collaborate with wider society and communicate his or her activities.
- A good general ability to lead and develop activities.
- Good ability to co-operate, independence and drive.
Lund University welcomes applicants with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We regard gender equality and diversity as a strength and an asset. We kindly decline all sales and marketing contacts.
To apply, please click the button “Login and apply”
|Type of employment||Temporary position longer than 6 months|
|Contract type||Full time|
|First day of employment||As soon as possible|
|Number of positions||1|
|Working hours||100 %|
|Contact||Magnus Persson, 046-222 89 90|
|Union representative||SACO:Saco-s-rådet vid Lunds universitet, 046-222 93 64, [email protected]/ST:Fackförbundet ST:s kansli, 046-222 93 62, [email protected]|
|Last application date||31.Jul.2021 11:59 PM CEST|