Welcome to the gateway to the world
Our playing field exists in creating more livable and resilient cities, coasts and rivers, wherever they are. Globally, floods are the most frequent type of natural disaster. At Royal HaskoningDHV, we aim at projects enabling us to make a positive influence on the lives of people. In 2020 only, we improved the life of 100 million people through our resilience projects. As 1.47 billion people face flood risk worldwide, we are not yet done.
We are a team of professionals in the field of rivers and coasts. We create safe, healthy and resilient river basins, coasts and deltas. To achieve this:
- We collaborate with our partners and clients in challenging and profitable projects aiming for sustainable development of safe, healthy and resilient river basins, coasts and deltas worldwide.
- We continuously develop industry leading knowledge, best practice expertise and techniques and combine these in an integrated and innovative approach to realize the best solution for our clients and society.
- With our enthusiastic team, we build long-lasting relationships and inspire the people around us.
Inviting sharp minds
Are you ready to make a difference in the world and bring knowledge and solutions to places that really need a Dutch approach on flood resilience? Are you ready to dive into the many opportunities we offer at RHDHV — to design and develop your own career path, so you feel challenged and supported, both at work and at home? At Royal HaskoningDHV, we offer access to challenging problems and a working environment where you continuously develop your talents and where you are surrounded by highly skilled people to provide inspiration. We hunt in packs, to make a maximum impact in the outer world and we enjoy tackling any challenge grasping our attention. At RHDHV, it is fun to run hard and sharpen your mind.
Your starting point for a growing career
We are looking for you if you feel energized by challenges in rivers and coasts, such as climate change related disasters, development of waterways, and nature-based solutions. You will work in and lead project teams solving easy and complex issues, either in policy development, plan development, design and implementation / or realization. Digital tooling is one of our strong weapons in the international competitive world of flood resilience. You naturally find a balance between embracing your vision and implementing new insights and innovative approaches from our workforce of 6,000 bright minds.
- Senior Project Manager of challenging international projects in the domain of Rivers & Coasts engineering and flood resilience
- Responsible for internal management of budgets, risks, planning, contacts with clients and contract management
- Part of the global resilience team: actively contribute to the growth of our resilience portfolio by actively utilizing your (and our) network and contacts
- You work across the various international teams and advisory groups in the Business Line Water, to develop client relations and acquire international projects together with like-minded colleagues
- With your experience, you will play an important role as a mentor of younger colleagues and help them to develop their consultancy and project management skills. Leading by example and coaching will be an important, but also fun part of your work.
- Based in the Netherlands, and available for shorter and longer missions to our clients, offices, partners, projects.
Your profile and strengths
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or MSc degree in Civil/Hydraulic Engineering or related background
- You have over 10 years of international experience (outside your home country) with consultancy work and engineering projects. Preferably in the field of hydraulic engineering, coastal and river engineering, and flood resilience.
- You share our passion to “create safe, healthy and resilient river basins, coasts and deltas”.
- You have proven project management skills in international, multidisciplinary projects: management of contract, client expectations, team, scope, budget, planning, risks, and quality.
- You are commercially sensitive and contractually highly focused on optimizing business results.
- You have a demonstrated experience with business development in the public and private water sector. And you have a strong external network and contacts in this sector.
- You have excellent reporting and communication skills in English, and preferably Dutch. Good reporting and communication skills in French, Spanish or Portuguese are a plus.
- Excellent listening skills and the ability to understand the client’s needs and win their trust.
- You have a collaborative approach and enthusiasm in working together as team player with colleagues, clients, and partners.
- You are motivated to contribute to the (digital) innovation of our products and consultancy.
- You are stress resilient and flexible and are motivated to frequently travel abroad on short trips if required.
You will work together with colleagues with great consultancy skills and strong in connecting industry, environment, and society. This perfectly fits with RHDHV’s focus of “Enhancing Society Together”.
Royal HaskoningDHV is a leading Dutch engineering firm: innovative and realistic, top quality, surprising, and reliable. Anytime and anywhere! Do you recognize yourself in this role in our firm? Then this might be your opportunity! You will have an excellent working atmosphere, working in a dynamic organization with around 80 direct colleagues in the Rivers & Coasts advisory group, in which organizational and personal development take central stage.
Our assessment and rewarding will be based on your personal competences. We offer a wide array of personal development opportunities. Furthermore, you will receive an excellent package of flexible terms of employment.
For questions regarding the vacancy, you may email Michelle Spoor (lead recruiter-Water Business Unit Netherlands) at [email protected] If interested to apply, please send your most updated CV and motivation letter via the “apply” button. In order to comply to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we only accept applications via the website.
Please note that this vacancy is not yet open for agencies. Via our agency portal, agency recruiters may view vacancies that are available for them. Would you like to have an account? Please email [email protected] to assist you in the registration.