Facebook recognizes the urgency of climate change and we are committed to help tackle this global challenge. We are taking action by minimizing our emissions, using renewable energy and reducing our energy and water usage, protecting workers and the environment in our supply chain, and partnering with others around us to develop and share solutions for a more sustainable world.
Facebook’s Sustainability team drives sustainability strategy, programs and engagement across the company, and with our partners. This role focuses specifically on external sustainability reporting disclosures. The ideal candidate will have experience in CDP environmental framework reporting.
Sustainability Disclosure Specialist Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the sustainability team and cross-functional partners to shape and implement the roadmap for sustainability disclosures including the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) and other non-financial disclosure frameworks and standards
- Build and manage data collection systems that support framework requirements
- Manage data collection, data analysis, and survey submission processes, partnering with internal stakeholders where necessary
- Manage key relationships with disclosure agencies and internal/external relevant stakeholder groups
- Input and interpret data for Facebook sustainability reporting and other enterprise ESG reporting
- Manage the prioritization and completion of relevant surveys and questionnaires from third parties, including investors, rating agencies, customers, and others
- Maintain understanding of evolving trends in sustainability reporting and synthesize knowledge to inform disclosure strategy
- Undergraduate degree in data science, sustainability, or a related field
- 8+ years of experience in corporate sustainability or related field
- Expertise in sustainability communications and reporting against sustainability frameworks (e.g., GRI, SASB, CDP, TCFD)
- Familiarity with process and expectations of sustainability rating agencies (i.e. ISS, Sustainalytics, MSCI, DJSI, etc.)
- Experience creating, designing, executing, and driving strategic initiatives and managing complex projects and issues in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment
- Self-starter skilled in diplomatically working collaboratively, resolving issues, and achieving alignment between different coalitions and stakeholder groups
- Flexibility and willingness to learn and work on emerging issues and projects
- Experience with data assurance agencies
About the Facebook company
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we’re just getting started.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or who are neurodivergent, and to candidates with sincerely held religious beliefs or requiring pregnancy related support. If you need support, please reach out to [email protected].