Innovation: Africa is seeking a Chief Technical Officer (CTO) to be responsible for the overall management of a staff of engineers in the Israel office who are responsible for providing engineering expertise, guidance and technical assistance to the local staff and contractors in Africa. The CTO is responsible for planning, directing and coordinating activities in the engineering department and cross-departmental relations with the Africa Programs Department. This person will be able to apply their industry knowledge and expertise to solve technical challenges, establishing technical goals and producing detailed plans for proper implementation of all off-grid solar electrification project and solar water pumping systems.
The position is based in Herzliya, Israel and will require trips to Africa for the training of local staff and oversight of installations.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in an engineering specialty.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Have at least 10 years of professional experience managing teams with proven experience working in solar and water-related projects in rural Africa.
- Analytical skills for evaluating information carefully and solving complex problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for overseeing staff and working with other management personnel.
- Ability to effectively communicate instructions while leading the team to meet their goals.
- Detail-oriented for understanding complex systems and the ability to pay attention to details.
- Organizational skills for keeping track of various budgets, employees and schedules simultaneously.
- Ability to design water systems using various design applications; e.g AutoCAD, Epanet and Google Earth
- Knowledge of off-grid solar electrification and water systems
- High-level reading, writing and speaking proficiency in English (native English-speaker preferred)
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office Suite and other related programs and software).
Level of Language Proficiency
Native English Speaker preferred
Maskit St 27, Herzliya, Israel
How to Apply
Please send your cover letter and CV as a single PDF attachment to [email protected]
Please make the file name your full name.