Position: Seeking an Associate with expertise in NEPA and environmental policy for employment in the District of Columbia office of a small environmental consulting firm. The Associate will consult primarily on the National Environmental Policy Act and related laws for clients in the federal government. This mid level position is expected to have experience in project management and be able to work independently with clients. Work may include, but is not limited to:
- Management and development of EA/EIS documents;
- Review of NEPA Documents for sufficiency;
- Development of regulatory guidance and policy recommendations for federal clients;
- Briefings for government officials and facilitation of project meetings;
- Analysis of NEPA in the context of other issues including global climate change;
- Proposal writing for NEPA and environmental policy projects;
- Mentoring junior staff;
- Public speaking engagements including training and federal conferences.
Qualifications: Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree in the environmental field or historic preservation field, a minimum of 5 years of experience, and have direct experience working with federal agencies on environmental issues. A thorough understanding of NEPA and associated federal laws and regulations is also required. Flood risk or climate resilience experience is a plus. Experience working with federal agencies such as BLM, EPA, FWS, FEMA and DOD preferred. Applicants should have at least a general understanding of federal contracting rules and requirements. Project management experience and the ability to manage a multidisciplinary team on multiple projects simultaneously is required. The successful applicant will have an interest in national environmental policy and the nexus of business, community, and environment. The office is often fast paced which will require the associate to be a highly motivated self starter with good communication skills, clear writing, and a high degree of organization.
Job Type: Full-time
- Project Management: 5 years (Required)
- Master’s (Preferred)
- 25 (Preferred)