|Job Title: Waste Water Sector Expert|
|Job Family: TBD||Salary Grade:|
|Job Function: TBD||Job Code:|
|Reports to Senior Manager – Water, Sanitation & Hygiene||Delhi (Preferred)|
The Waste Water Sector Expert will be a consultant working with RTI India. He/she will work to enable wastewater re-use through improved policy, treatment standards, and recycling & re-use. He/she will be responsible for creating a roadmap for cities to enhance their water reclamation capacity.
- Undertake an assessment of current policy and regulatory environment on wastewater treatment and re-use at national and state level to identify barriers in treatment, recycle, re-use at local /city-wide /regional level.
- Undertake an assessment of treatment technologies, efficiency levels, standards, and protocols for treatment and re-use in various sectors (agriculture, industry).
- Support strengthening the policy ecosystem for re-use, recycle, and rejuvenation at the center, state, and ULB levels.
- Undertake an assessment of potential consumer segments/markets for using treated wastewater for agriculture, industries etc.
- Develop a roadmap and guidance documents for cities to adopt improved wastewater treatment and re-use policy and standards to enhance their water reclamation capacity.
- Support the development of knowledge products, seminars, and capacity-building workshops on wastewater treatment, re-use policy, and standards for the relevant stakeholders.
- Conceptualize and develop a framework for an open access waste water technology database
- Designing a strategy to encourage, incubate, scale proven and effective technologies, good practices, firms, service providers, start-ups, national and international think tanks in the domain of urban wastewater management.
- Catalog technologies and service providers – start-ups/entrepreneurs, corporates for building a technology platform/ handbook.
- Support the revision or development of standards and protocols for efficiency in wastewater treatment, recycle and re-use.
- Facilitate the setting up of wastewater markets for treated wastewater and user charges/tariff regimes.
- Support the identification of suitable technologies and technology providers from international experiences.
Minimum Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering (Environmental/Chemical/Civil/Mechanical preferred)
- Master’s degree in Science or Engineering or Management from a recognized university
- Overall, 7-10 years of post-qualification experience.
- Experience and knowledge of the Waste Water sector (regulatory & policy landscape, technology landscape, financial landscape, Circular economy initiatives, familiarity with public & private collaboration models, etc.) is necessary.
- Candidate with International experience and previous experience of working on Government/ multilateral donor agency projects would be an added advantage
Skills & Abilities
The skills and abilities required to perform the essential job duties of this job are listed below.
- Excellent communication skills verbal & written in English
- Excellent communication skills in a regional language (other than Hindi) would be an added advantage
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel
- Ability to plan and coordinate project plans with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with multiple teams across geographical locations
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment, deliver within deadlines under pressure.
- Great team player and demonstrates openness to feedback from manager/peers
- Willing to travel within India or outside for extended periods as and when needed.
- Culturally sensitive and respectful
|ob Email id:||IndiaRecruitment_WASH(at)rti.org|