Job Title: Institutional Strengthening Expert
Job Family: TBD
Job Function: TBD
Reports to Senior Manager – Water, Sanitation & Hygiene
The Institutional Strengthening Expert will be a consultant working with RTI India. He/she will provide high-quality technical assistance to RTI’s institutional strengthening initiatives in the Indian urban water sector. He/She will also be responsible for developing, implementing, and documenting institutional strengthening methodologies considering stakeholder priorities and in-context nuances.
- Conduct a training needs assessment to judge the level of understanding of different Government and Non-government agencies involved in the water and wastewater sector.
- Identification of institutes/organizations to be strengthened and evolved as Centres of Excellence for training in India.
- Undertaking pilot training/training of trainers (TOTs) with select participants.
- Develop and roll out an Information, Education, and Communication (IEC) strategy and an implementation roadmap
- Design and conduct capacity-building workshops/seminars for relevant Government and Non-Government stakeholders.
- Provide feedback from the capacity-building workshops/seminars.
- Develop knowledge articles to communicate any key findings or insights at regular intervals.
- Assist in designing the SOP/protocol for building capacities in Centres of Excellence
- Identify themes and develop the content for standard training modules
- Develop modular content for training and capacity building.
Minimum Required Education & Experience
- Master’s Degree in Science / Engineering is required
- Overall, 7-10 years of post-qualification experience.
- Experience and knowledge of the Water sector and Wastewater are necessary.
- Candidate with previous experience of working on Government/ multilateral donor agency projects would be an added advantage
- Experience in developing IEC strategies on development issues to mobilize broad support for government development goals
- Experience in supporting the coordination of IEC strategies and campaigns at a national level
- Experience in collaborating with M&E specialists and Government officials
Skills & Abilities
The skills and abilities required to perform the essential job duties of this job are listed below.
- Excellent communication skills verbal & written in English
- Excellent communication skills in a regional language (other than Hindi) would be an added advantage
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel
- Ability to plan and coordinate project plans with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with multiple teams across geographical locations
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment, deliver within deadlines under pressure.
- Great team player and demonstrates openness to feedback from manager/peers
- Willing to travel within India or outside for extended periods as and when needed.
- Culturally sensitive and respectful
|Job Email id:||IndiaRecruitment_WASH(at)rti.org|