Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Expert
Job Family: TBD
Job Function: TBD
Reports to Senior Manager – Water, Sanitation & Hygiene
The Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Expert will be a consultant working with RTI India. He/She should have demonstrated ability in data analysis, project design, monitoring, and evaluation of development activities. Additionally, he/she should have experience developing results frameworks, logical frameworks, or similar tools for project design. He/She should also have demonstrated knowledge of and experience in monitoring and evaluating programs—including indicator development, study design, and data analysis—in multiple sectors.
- Support the development and implementation of a monitoring tool to collect drinking water data, wastewater management data, and the condition of water bodies in the cities. The is expected to ascertain the equitable distribution of water, reuse of wastewater, and map water bodies with respect to quantity and quality of water
- Review the data collection systems related to the monitoring tool
- Review and understand the data received, including data collection screens and validation checks for developing the monitoring tool.
- Suggesting strategies for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the data analysis by identifying bottlenecks and developing plans to minimize or eliminate such bottlenecks.
- Providing feedback on the data gathered and analyzed.
- Designing and conducting capacity-building workshops/seminars for key stakeholders on the monitoring tool.
- Developing knowledge articles to communicate any key findings or insights to relevant stakeholders at regular intervals
- Developing a self-assessment tool for stakeholders to assess their performance.
- Supporting the development of parameters, data collection SOPs, result indicators, computation methodology for scoring ratings/rankings for implementing the monitoring tool.
Minimum Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering (Environmental/Chemical/Civil/Mechanical preferred)
- Master’s degree in Science or Engineering or Management from a recognized university
- Overall, 7-10 years experience progressively responsible professional experience in a performance monitoring and evaluation role
- Experience and knowledge of the Water and Wastewater sector are necessary.
- Candidate with International experience and previous experience of working on Government/ multilateral donor agency projects would be an added advantage
Skills & Abilities
The skills and abilities required to perform the essential job duties of this job are listed below.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to summarize disparate information in a clear and concise manner
- Excellent research and data collection methodology skills
- Ability to lead and coordinate multiple offices through multiple-step processes
- Excellent communication skills verbal & written in English
- Excellent communication skills in a regional language (other than Hindi) would be an added advantage
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel
- Ability to plan and coordinate project plans with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with multiple teams across geographical locations
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment, deliver within deadlines under pressure.
- Great team player and demonstrates openness to feedback from manager/peers
- Willing to travel within India or outside for extended periods as and when needed.
- Culturally sensitive and respectful
|Job Email id:||IndiaRecruitment_WASH(at)rti.org|