Our Ideal Candidate
The role of the WASH Assistant position is to assist in the implementation of WASH activities, supporting the implementation of WASH in-kind, voucher and cash-based assistance, conducting field outreach with communities, and monitoring day-to-day implementation and coordination with SMS Officers.
Key Task and Responsibilities
- Under the supervision of WASH Project Officer(s), conduct needs assessments, verification, and data collection to identify cases for WASH assistance in refugee camps and host communities.
- Supervise distributions, participate in technical trainings to refugees and host communities.
- Monitor loading and offloading of shelter materials and verify materials meet technical specifications.
- Provide direction, assigns tasks and gives instructions to daily workers (e.g. trainers) and evaluates individual performance.
- Monitor the progress of activities of assigned daily workers and ensures they are implemented to planning and quality standards.
- Take part in the mobilization of refugee and host communities for awareness campaigns and for conducting research using focus group discussions, interviews and questionnaires.
- Conduct outreach activities within the camps and serve as a link between NRC programs and the local community, ensuring their inputs into shelter programme activities.
- Establish excellent relations with beneficiaries including understanding the needs of beneficiaries through regular visits and frequent contact.
- Perform any other task as requested by WASH Project Officer, WASH Coordinator or Shelter Project Manager.
Key Education and Skills Requirements
- A degree in architecture, engineering, or project management OR a proven vocational experience in construction management or as a solar power electrician.
- Energetic and motivated individuals with a passion for humanitarian work and a desire to work with Rohingya refugees
- Good knowledge of the refugee context in Bangladesh
- Professional fluency in the Bangla language (ability to communicate in Chittagonian dialect)
- Knowledge of Burmese language an asset
- Experience from working in a non-profit organization an asset
- Knowledge of the software programs (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
We welcome applications from qualified and interested candidates, particularly local candidates, from the Cox’s Bazar area. Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Contract period: 06 months
Duty Station: Cox’s Bazar
Salary and Benefits: Competitive salary and allowances as per NRC’s salary scale, medical allowance, festival bonus, and annual leave