The role of the Water & Sanitation Communications & Network Coordinator is to support Skat to engage with a wide range of stakeholders on issues relating to water supply, water resources, sanitation and hygiene; and to support the day-to-day running of the networks for which Skat provides secretariat services.
The role involves knowledge-brokering between different stakeholder groups across international development and humanitarian intervention and thus requires understanding, and ideally some field experience, of these issues.
The position would suit a junior professional with a strong interest in water management and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) in low and middle-income countries who wants to develop an understanding of the sector. This role needs a people-person who is an exceptional communicator through a variety of media, is energetic, friendly, organised and reliable.
- Maintaining online platforms and social media visibility.
- Supporting production of news updates.
- Coordinating the production of webinar series and e-discussions.
- Synthesis and analysis of technical and policy materials to clearly explain them to specific target audiences.
- Supporting Skat presence at conferences, training courses, young professional activities and other face-to-face events.
- Support production of publications and training materials.
- Administrative the internal management, monitoring and reporting.
Qualifications & Experience
- Graduate or post-graduate in a water resources, Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), or related topic.
- Organised, self-motivated, able to work independently and as part of an international virtual team.
- Comfortable and concise with using social media platforms and synthesising information into clear language suitable for a broad audience.
- Spoken and written fluency in English and French is essential to be able to engage with Anglophone and Francophone audiences.
- Spoken and written fluency in Spanish is highly desirable for extending the reach of the network into Latin America and the Carribbean.
Deadline for Submission of Application
Eligible and interested candidates should submit a letter of application and a detailed CV in English language and in electronic format not later than 31thAugust 2018 to:
Skat Consulting Ltd., attn. Ms Violeta Zivanovic, Vadianstr. 42, CH-9000 St. Gallen, Switzerland;
Email: [email protected]