Overview / Responsibilities
Are you looking to take your career in water resource management to the next level? Are you passionate about applying your skills to developing sustainable solutions to water resource challenges for high profile projects both in the UK and internationally? If so, this might just be the opportunity you have been looking for. We are seeking to appoint a talented, enthusiastic, committed and visionary water resource specialist to join us and take a lead role in shaping and developing our team’s capability.
Wood’s Water Management team love solving complex problems with creativity and tenacity across a wide spectrum of services including water resources and security, hydrology and hydraulics, water quality, hydroecology and hydrogeology. We make a difference to our clients, society and the planet by providing high quality technical services and advice in the UK and internationally to government departments and agencies, IFI’s, the water industry, and a wide range of other industrial sectors including power, transport, nuclear, mining, commercial and oil and gas.
You will be a water resource professional, supporting or leading delivery of a range of UK and international water resources projects within our water management team and collaboratively across Wood.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Project work will be varied and aligned to your strengths but could include water resource and drought planning, water resource modelling and analysis, options assessment, strategic planning, demand assessment and reduction and water stewardship.
- You will be a capable project manager, and primary point of contact with our clients developing excellent professional relationships to help secure repeat business and develop new opportunities.
- You will contribute to, and potentially lead the preparation of winning proposals, influencing the future success of the business.
- You will play a key role in growing Wood’s technical capability, knowledge and innovation base to develop new services to our clients.
We offer a dynamic, but supportive environment for a motivated and talented individual to fulfil their potential. We are co-located along with a wide range of other environmental and engineering disciplines in modern, well-appointed offices in locations that enjoy excellent local amenities and good transport links.
Wood recognises that their people are central to its success as a business. As a consequence, we are committed to a providing a comprehensive framework for the professional development of its staff, including:
- Access to extensive internal and external training opportunities;
- A mentoring programme; and
- Support for gaining chartership through professional institutions.
Skills / Qualifications
We are seeking a highly motivated, numerate individual with excellent communication skills. Specifically, we are looking for the following qualifications and experience:
- You will have a relevant degree-level qualification, potentially with a further post-graduate qualification
- You will have demonstrable experience with a track record of delivering high profile work
- You will have gained, or be working towards chartership with a relevant professional body
- Experience in water resources planning or water resources modelling and analysis and skilled in the use of associated tools
- Good knowledge of the Water Resource Planning Guidelines, Water Framework Directive (WFD) and a desire to develop new approaches to solving water resource challenges and emerging needs of existing and prospective clients
- You should have practical project management experience, including management of project teams, and be comfortable managing challenging projects
- You should have strong numerate and analytical skills, and be able to apply these to analysing problems and finding solutions to novel challenges
- Track record in developing new business through client relationships and proposal writing
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion. We provide performance driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.