Every person across rural India deserves to lead a more secure, prosperous, and dignified life. With that vision in mind, Sehgal Foundation’s mission is to strengthen community-led development initiatives to achieve positive social, economic, and environmental change across rural India. With support from donors and partners, Sehgal Foundation designs and promotes rural development interventions that create opportunities, build resilience, and provide solutions to some of the most pressing challenges in India’s poorest communities.
Sehgal Foundation invites applications for the position of Assistant Program Lead, Water Management (Civil Work) on a Consultancy basis.
Locations: Gurugram, Haryana
Reports to: Program Lead
Experience: Minimum 5-6 years experience in managing civil work/developing BOQ/work measurements/NRM/watershed development/integrated development projects with strong project management skills. The candidate should have a minimum of 3-4 years of experience in applying tools for designing Auto-CAD.
- Bachelor or Master in Civil Engineering from reputed university/institute
- Good written and communications skills in English and Hindi and other regional languages – Project Management and implementation skills
- Basic Computer knowledge – MS Office and Internet
- Ability to perform under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently with minimal daily supervision
- Travel to remote field locations/villages – Community mobilization
Job Description: The role of Assistant Program Lead is to oversee diversified water management projects, monitor project progress, and provide technical and leadership support in accomplishing project activities. He/she will coordinate with the project team and facilitate on operational and technical management of the projects. His/her role includes strong monitoring of the project implementation, preparing project progress reports, manage donors visit, donor reporting, and other required administrative support. He/She will be responsible for the development of an annual plan, annual budget, selection of new project locations, bring innovation, and strengthen linkages with the concerned government department and district administration.
- Technical Capacity building of project team and project beneficiary on various aspects of water management
- Coordinate multiple and holistic components including Monitoring, Planning, Training, Strategic Implementation of activities, and supervision/guiding, which are to be carried out within project timelines
- Oversee implementation of water management project that includes check-dam, pond,
- RWH, Recharge well, school transformation, watershed & natural resource management
- Ability to prepare output, outcome, and impact matrix of activities.
- Provide technical support in the design and implementation of civil projects
- Develop and strengthen relationships/networking with line departments, government officers, community leaders in villages.
- Identify new/innovative water management and technology suitable for rural India
- Documentation and dissemination of success stories & writing project MPR, QPR, and AR – Update project MIS
- Any other responsibility assigned by the management as per the requirement of the organization.
Compensation: Salaries at Sehgal Foundation are highly competitive. Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
Deadline for applying: 30.07.2021
How to apply: Email your CV with cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line – Application for Assistant Program Lead – Water Management (Gurugram).
*Applicants are required to specify the desired location in the email.
|Job Email id:||jobs(at)smsfoundation.org|