Centre for Science and Environment (CSE) is one of Asia’s leading research and advocacy organization working in the field of environment protection. CSE has set up a state-of-the-art laboratory for pollution monitoring, septage management and food contamination. The laboratory is situated at CSE’s residential campus at Nimli, Alwar, Rajasthan – about 100 km from Delhi and 60 km from Gurugram.
The Laboratory is equipped with state-of-the-art equipments for microbiology analysis and for the monitoring and analysis of air, water and food contamination, including Gas Chromatograph with Mass Detector (GC-MS) High Performance Liquid Chromatograph (HPLC), Atomic Absorption Spectrometer (AAS), UV-VIS Spectrophotometer, Bomb Calorimeter etc.
Work of the laboratory is divided into three core areas:
- Faecal Sludge/ Septage management: This includes characterization of Faecal Sludge/ Septage, monitoring of decentralized wastewater/ faecal sludge treatment systems, conducting cutting-edge research on decentralized treatment technologies and providing knowledge support to analysts and technologists in the field of Faecal Sludge/ Septage characterization and management.
- Pollution monitoring: This includes monitoring of air, water, noise and radiation pollution in ambient and at point source. One of the new areas of work for the laboratory is to validate sensor-based pollution monitoring technologies
- Food contamination: This includes testing of toxins and contamination in food commodities. The lab also supports promotion of organic food.
The lab is also involved in conducting training on laboratory procedures and practices.
The head of the laboratory will be responsible for the overall management and coordination of the activities of the laboratory. She/he must have the proven leadership ability to mentor and work with the senior colleagues in all three core areas. The successful candidate must have an excellent interpersonal and service delivery skills.
She/he will report directly to the Director General.
Qualification and experience
The head of the laboratory should have expertise in at least one of the core areas and working knowledge in the other two areas.
- She/he must have strong computer skills and the ability to learn and become proficient with other appropriate software systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, which includes technical writing, editing, and proofreading.
- Experience working with laboratory data/information management systems or laboratory database would be beneficial.
- Familiarity with Good Clinical Laboratory Practices (GCLP) and experience in certification processes (ISO/NABL etc.) is mandatory.
The candidate should have a Doctorate Degree in the disciplines of Chemistry/ Microbiology/ Chemical Engineering and Technology/ Environmental Sciences/ Public Health Engineering/ Environmental Engineering with at least 20 years of hands-on work exposure in a similar or related capacity.
The residential campus has accommodation facility for staff who wish to stay without families. Staff may also choose to live nearby. CSE provides shuttle service for picking up and dropping from Gurugram and nearby areas to the Nimli campus.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Please submit your application on http://jobs.cseindia.org and select ‘Lab Head for Environment Monitoring Laboratory’ latest by July 30th, 2021.
P.S – Shortlisted applicants will be informed by email.