Job Title: Water Sector Expert
Job Family: TBD
Job Function: TBD
Reports to Senior Manager – Water, Sanitation & Hygiene
The Water Sector Expert will be a consultant working with RTI India. He/she will be responsible for supporting development of circular water concept and developing water security models for cities
- Conduct an assessment of existing tools, standards, and good practices for effective water management across cities globally and India
- Develop approaches for circular water strategy
- Support connecting Indian stakeholders with international forums, investors, experts, partners, etc.
- Support the development of knowledge products, seminars, and capacity-building workshops on water-secure cities.
- Conceptualize and develop a structure and framework for an open-access wastewater technology database
- Design a strategy to encourage, incubate, scale proven and effective technologies, good practices, firms, service providers, start-ups, national and international think tanks in the domain of water and urban water management
- Catalog technologies and service providers categories – start-ups/entrepreneurs, corporates for building a technology platform/ handbook.
- Undertaking extensive research on international good practices and circular water and roadmaps.
- Supporting the creation of an online toolbox for different categories of cities, for easy accessibility and capacity enhancement of the relevant stakeholders
- Supporting the identification of suitable technologies, and technology providers from international experiences
- Supporting the development of tools/ templates, ready reckoners and the online tool on the same:
- City aquifer management planning
- Water use efficiency, water loss management (NRW, UFW) etc.
- Rejuvenation of water bodies/wells rejuvenation
Minimum Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering (Environmental/Chemical/Civil/Mechanical preferred)
- Master’s degree in Science or Engineering or Management from a recognized university
- Overall, 7-10 years of post-qualification experience.
- Experience and knowledge of the Water sector (regulatory & policy landscape, technology landscape, financial landscape, Circular economy initiatives, familiarity with public & private collaboration models, etc.) is necessary.
- Candidate with International experience and previous experience of working on Government/ multilateral donor agency projects would be an added advantage
Skills & Abilities
The skills and abilities required to perform the essential job duties of this job are listed below.
- Excellent communication skills verbal & written in English
- Excellent communication skills in a regional language (other than Hindi) would be an added advantage
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel
- Ability to plan and coordinate project plans with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with multiple teams across geographical locations
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment, deliver within deadlines under pressure.
- Great team player and demonstrates openness to feedback from manager/peers
- Willing to travel within India or outside for extended periods as and when needed.
- Culturally sensitive and respectful
|Job Email id:||IndiaRecruitment_WASH(at)rti.org|