DACAAR invites applications from suitable candidates for the following position:
|Job Title:||Field Officer (UNICEF)|
|Department:||Programme / Operation Sub Department|
|Duty station:||One for Center – Regional Office / Kapisa – Center Field Office with Travelling to the districts within the ProvinceOne for Center – Regional Office / Dai Kundi -Center Field Office with Travelling to the districts within the ProvinceOne for Center – Regional Office Paktia / Gardez –Center Field Office with Travelling to the districts within the ProvinceOne for East – Regional Office Laghman / Mehtarlam Field Office with Travelling to the districts within the Province|
|Required number:||Four (4)|
|Gender:||Male / Female|
|Contract:||Project Based till end of December 2021 (Extendable)|
|Salary:||PB-A1, USD (777) including food allowance & Government Tax|
|DACAAR is a non governmental, humanitarian organization that supports sustainable development in Afghanistan through promoting the ability of local communities to decide upon and manage their own development process. The organisation employs around 900 staff of whom 05 are expatriates. Core thematic areas are: Water, Sanitation & Hygiene; Natural Resource Management; Small Scale Enterprise Development; Women’s Empowerment.|
The Field Officer is responsible for UNICEF-WinS project implementation, supervision of activities and coordination with the district authorities and relevant NGOs within the project area.
She/he should conduct (professionally and personally) in such a manner as to bring credit to DACAAR and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
|· Prepare action plan and make sure that all interventions and achievements within the target area are on a right track towards project objectives and goal.|
· Supervise daily assignments of the project staff.
· Coordinate the UNICEF-WinS project activities with the Field Coordinator, Regional Manager, Project Manager, provincial and district authorities, schools, NGOs, DOPH, PRRD, PED, and donor’s representatives within the project area.
· Undertake baseline study in each selected school based on the local context Star Approach for WASH in school.
· Train teachers, students, SMC members and Hygiene and Sanitation Promotion Staffs on five star and other behavior change approaches and practically help them in their implementation in the schools.
· Mobilize the child clubs, use IPRA tools, and promote latrine and bringing about remarkable changes in the feelings, knowledge and behaviors of the users for improved hygiene and sanitation.
· Make sure finalization of behaviour change implementation plan (BCIP)” on hygiene promotion, MHM and advocacy plan to limit the risk of transmission of COVID 19 in the prioritized schools.
· Make sure that School-led WASH improvement Plans formulated, Rolled Out and signed after triggering, including coaching and technical assistance by NGO.
· Providing support to schools and prepare a plan for providing, improving, or upgrading WASH supplies for IPC and O&M
· Declare/ Celebrate Schools which meet the Afghan Star Criteria (4 or 5).
· Solve the problems, if any, of project staff with community and authorities.
· Check the quality of work and local materials of UNICEF-WinS project.
· Oversee the correct use of DACAAR assets including vehicles/equipment and supervise regularly.
· Oversee proper use of DACAAR money and closely monitor the cash flow and expenditure of the project.
· Inform project staff of decisions made by Regional/Program/DACAAR Senior Management.· Control/authorize leave for project staff;
· Coordinate and discuss with regional hygiene and sanitation supervisor about the training of the couples, hygiene promotion and other technical issues.
· Facilitate human resources allocation to project in relevant locations and consulates with Regional Manger and Field coordinator about the issue.
· Purchas and authorize the local activities materials.
· Prepare monthly expenses vouchers of the project.
· Prepare monthly progress report, stock report and attendance report.
· Prepare completion reports and send to regional office.
· Prepare non expendable stock report at the end of project.
· Authorizing leave for site staff
· The holder of this position must strictly follows the organization existing security policies, procedures and daily instructions of the safety personnel.
· Any other tasks given by the supervisor.
|Education/ Qualification and Employment Benefits|
|Education: University degree, BSc in civil Engineering is required.|
|Experience: Minimum three (3) years of relevant experience in WASH related projects is required.|
|Other qualifications’ an advantage:Strong Communication Skill, proper planning skill and Community mobilization skills|
|Languages: Pashto/ Dari and English.|
|· Good training opportunities to enhance employees’ skills|
· Eid bonus on both Eids (after the completion of three months service)
· 36 days of paid annual leave per year
· 10 days of paid sick leave per year
· 30 days of paid Hajj leave (after the completion of one year service)
· 90 days of paid maternity leave for female employees(after the completion of three months service)
· 5 days of paid paternity leave for male employees(after the completion of three months service)
· 15 days of public holidays per year
Procedure for submission of applications:
|Interested and qualified candidates should submit a DACAAR Job Application Form along with introduction letter and CV online to [email protected] or a Hard copy to HR Department in DACAAR main office Kabul.|
|· Applications without DACAAR Job Application Form will not be considered.|
· Application without Indicating the Vacancy Announcement number and the title of the post applied for in the subject line will not be considered.
· DACAAR job application form can be obtained from; DACAAR website www.dacaar.org/, acbar website www.acbar.org/; jobs.af website www.jobs.af / and DACAAR Main Office kabul.
· Applications submitted as .RAR file or the size exceeds 2MB, will not be accepted by the system
· Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted and called for the written test/ interview.
· The salary would be paid in AFN according to the actual exchange rate.
|DACAAR is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all sections of the society. While all applicants will be strictly assessed on their individual merit, qualified women, people with disabilities and members of minority communities are especially encouraged to apply.|
|Kabul Office Address:|
DACAAR, Main Office, Paikob-e-Naswar, Wazirabad, Kabul, AfghanistanPostal address: Central P.O. Box 208, Kabul, Afghanistan
Phone: (+93) 0202230752/ (+93) 0202230753
E-mail: [email protected]
Web site: www.dacaar.org