Natural Resources, Mines and Energy (Organisation site)
Water Services; North Region; Wate; Flexible locations across Northern region will be considered including: Mackay or Rockhampton
Are you after an entry level role that will secure you a spot in one of two supportive, collaborative and productive teams working to support the delivery of the sustainable use and allocation of water related resources? Then work with us to provide technical input and assessment of water applications and dealings under the Water Act 2000 and Planning Act 2016 which include access to state resources such as water, sand and gravel and associated works. You will assist your team with providing support to client based enquiries and be involved in the assessment, analysis, reporting and storage of water related data.
|Position status||Fixed Term Temporary|
|Position type||Flexible full-time|
|Occupational group||Primary Industry & Environment|
|Workplace Location||Cairns region,Flexible,Mackay region,Rockhampton region,Townsville region|
|Job ad reference||QLD/379533/21|
|Yearly salary||$63449 – $80511|
|Fortnightly salary||$2432.00 – $3086.00|
|Job duration||Until 31 December 2021 with possible extension|
|Contact person||Sasha Smith|
|Contact details||Ph: 0436 929 145|
Access the National Relay Service
In these roles you will have the opportunity to use your technical knowledge and increase your experience with in making sustainable resources decisions. We need problem solvers, innovative thinkers, and new technology adopters who are keen to collaborate to drive better decision-making and resource management in the water system space. Multiple vacancies exist with the team so now is a perfect time to apply.
You will have the opportunity to work with internal and external partners (like irrigators, mining companies, quarry operators, Rivers Improvement Trusts, local government councils and natural resource management bodies) to make decisions and solve riverine related problems. A full-service approach within the team will support you with training to then take on and develop projects and meet their deadlines.
We will offer you challenging work and a supportive learning environment, with excellent work life balance, great professional development opportunities, access to flexible work arrangements and a workplace open to reasonable adjustments to enable all applicants to perform the role to the best of their ability.
Who we think will thrive in this role:
A person who is technically proficient and ready to grow their skill set, who:
• Can investigate problems and link knowledge and solutions together that are relevant under legislation
• Can prioritise projects and tasks, make decisions within their responsibility contribute to team outcomes
• Is a good verbal and written communicator and has client management skills
• Likes working with people and values their contributions to achieve mutual outcomes
• Is motivated to contribute to a positive environmental legacy for future generations
What we are looking for:
We’ll assess your merit for this role by looking at what you have studied, your experience and your potential for development and your personal qualities.
Please refer to the attached position description which further outlines “The role” and “Role requirements”.
How to apply:
To enable us to assess your merit, you should:
• read the position description
• apply online at www.smartjobs.qld.gov.au
• provide a short statement (of no more than 2 pages) as your opportunity to tell us about yourself, how you meet the required competencies, key duties and responsibilities, and any specific role requirements including what skills you’ll bring to the role
• include your current resume with two referees including your current supervisor.
Applications will remain current for 12 months.
Please ensure you download all attachments and follow the instructions on how to apply.
Two temporary flexible full-time positions available until 31.12.21 with poss ext in locations across the Northern region including: Mackay or Rockhampton
Before applying for this vacancy please ensure you read the documents below.