Tetra Tech International Development Services is accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates to join our Water Resources and Infrastructure (WRI) Sector team as Associate or Senior Associate. The WRI Sector assists governments, civil society organizations, private sector and communities in developing countries to improve policies and practices essential to the provision of effective water resources management, water supply, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) programming and municipal infrastructure services. Tetra Tech IDS has ongoing water sector activities in countries including Kenya, Tanzania, Liberia, Uganda, Ethiopia, Jordan, Pakistan, Nepal, South Africa, and Cambodia. The successful candidate will support project delivery and administration, provide technical services, lead business development initiatives, and contribute to external communications and client diversification. Candidates must demonstrate a history of successful proposal writing, project management, and client relations.
This position will be based in Arlington, Virginia.
* Identify, pursue, strategize, and lead the preparation of proposals in response to WRI sector opportunities in developing countries, including countries in and emerging from conflict;
* Develop and lead marketing and positioning strategy for the WRI sector;
* Provide contract technical and administrative oversight and management, including financial and personnel management, ensuring quality and timely implementation;
* Travel regularly to provide technical assistance to projects, and to provide management and training support to project field staff, including for project start-up and close-out;
* Represent Tetra Tech IDS to clients in the US and developing countries;
* Assess and pursue WASH sector client diversification opportunities;
* Provide technical advice and solutions to proposal development and projects in other Tetra Tech IDS sectors; and
* Supervise and mentor sector staff as may be required.
* Graduate degree in a relevant discipline (e.g., civil engineering, water resources management, international affairs, resource economics, health) required;
* Minimum seven (for Associate) to twelve (for Senior Associate) years of relevant professional experience, including at least five years in developing countries working on donor-funded projects in area(s) relevant to the WRI sector, such as rural water and sanitation; integrated water resource management; water utility management and operations; water sector reform; behavior change and communications; water for health, and/or urban water use efficiency and demand management;
* Prior successful experience leading and writing proposals for USAID;
* Prior success mobilizing multi-year funding from non-USAID sources;
* Strong knowledge of and direct experience with implementation of USAID projects;
* Professional proficiency in French, Spanish and/or Arabic is strongly preferred;
* Highly proficient in MS Office applications;
* Outstanding oral and written communications skills;
* Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure on multiple concurrent projects;
* Demonstrated detail orientation and exceptionally high levels of organization;
* Position requires frequent international travel (roughly 25%), including to conflict and post-conflict countries;
* Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with poise and professionalism; and
* U.S. citizenship or a current, valid U.S. work permit is mandatory.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.