Amazi Water is the primary, in-country partner for clean water projects in Burundi. In collaboration with others, we are developing a national water strategy with the goal of providing sustainable access to clean water in every community by the end of 2028.
About the Role:
Amazi Water is currently experiencing rapid growth and are seeking a dynamic and eager Drilling Supervisor to join our team. The Drilling Supervisor role is to train and oversee two separate drilling teams as well as the site preparation relating to the work. Amazi Water is a high paced organization, and the Drilling Supervisor will be expected to achieve a minimum number of sites per week.
- Facilitate the communication between the local administration, our teams, and community beneficiaries, Organize the delivery of all required drilling materials on site before the drilling rigs arrive.
- Communicate effectively with local leaders and stake holders to coordinate drilling activities.
- Implementing drilling operations and ensuring that they are complete as per schedule,
- Proficient knowledge in all the RWSN standards related to drilling,
- Complete monthly forecasting and submit all reports linked to drilling Operations.
- Provide professional advice and guidance when required.
- Monitor and participate in drilling operations of two drilling rigs.
- Provide summary reports on any failed boreholes.
- Assemble, train, and develop crews of borehole construction operatives,
- Ensure safe transportation of the drilling rig to the place of work,
- Make regular reports to the line manager on the progress of operations,
- Coordinate effectively with all departments.
- Supervise drilling contractors.
- Maintenance of your team’s equipment
- Managing and training 2 drilling teams
Requirements for this position:
- At least 5 to 8 years of experience as a driller
- Must have Safety, Communication & Supervisory skills.
- 3+ years driving experience.
Technical training qualifications required:
- Experience to operate drilling and construction equipment.
- Work outdoors under various weather conditions.
- Understanding the drilling Rig components
All Employees at amazi water must demonstrate the following qualities:
- A love for Burundi
- A love for Jesus Christ
- Professional fluency of French, English, and Kirundi
- Proficiency with email, Excel & Word
- Ability with community development and social work
- Ability with communicating with government offices and partners.
- Understanding of the need and benefit of clean water.
Submission of Application:
Please title in your subject “Job Title Application – Name – July 2021”
We may close the application early if we receive sufficient applications before the closing date.