General description of the position
Context: ACF had been implementing WASH (Water Sanitation and Hygiene) programs in Myanmar since 1999, and DRR (Disaster Reduction Risk) programs since 2011. In Central Rakhine State (CRS), a BMZ-funded (Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development) project involving nutrition/Infant and IYCF (Infant and Young Child Feeding), IGA and WASH/DRR components will start in September 2018 for a duration of 36 months, implemented in partnership with Save the Children.
Another integrated FSL (Food Security and Livelihood)/WASH project started in July 2018 in CRS, for a duration of 32 months. The Poverty and Hunger Alleviation through Support, Empowerment and Increased Networking (Phase In) project is a six-year Europaid-funded consortium project with the Danish Refugee Council.
Under the supervision of Field Coordinator, you will manage WASH related assistance to conflict-affected populations in Rakhine State.
More precisely, the main responsibilities are:
- Construction and rehabilitation of water points at community level
- Drilling campaign with hand pumps
- Technical support to communities in the construction of household latrines
- Community-based DRR (CB-DRR) and preparedness: establishment/strengthening and training of Village Disaster Management Committees (VDMCs), participatory risk assessment, disaster management action planning, etc.
- Construction, renovation of DRR/WASH infrastructures (evacuation routes, cyclone shelters, small bridges) through local contractors
- Development and implementation of behavior change and barrier analysis activities for hygiene promotion
- Hygiene promotion integrated into IYCF activities
Do you fit the requested profile ?
You hold a Diploma equivalent to Master in a field related to WASH.
You have at least 3 years’ experience working in WASH and at least one experience working on community-based DRR project.
You demonstrate abilities to work productively under stress.
You have solid working knowledge of project cycle management, budgeting, planning and forecast processes.
You have experience in managing teams (20 staff), involving several technical components (WASH/DRR) on a multi-location program. You are recognized for you organization, training and capacity building skills, you are able to ensure effective organizational representation at different levels. You are cultural sensitive and have working in conflict areas. Familiar with Europaid, BMZ reporting and regulation is an asset.
Creativity, innovation and adaptability skills are essentials. You demonstrate a commitment to gender equity and to the principles of Action Contre la Faim.
Prior work experience in Southeast Asia is an additional asset.
Fluent in written and spoken English.
Specific conditions / Salary
Gross monthly salary ranging from €1600 to €1975 depending on relevant experience
Country allowance (12% of the gross salary)
Food and hygiene expenses, per diem, transportation costs, collective accommodation, medical insurance
25 days of annual paid leaves and 20 days of rest and recuperation (R&R) per year