The Water Consultant is a member of the Water Efficiency team and will be responsible for providing technical expertise, consultation and policy advice regarding all programs offered by the Customer Care Support team to industrial, commercial and institutional water customers.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following
- Act as main contact for all industrial, commercial and institutional customers wishing to participate in water efficiency or other Toronto Water program offerings. Liaises with other Toronto Water and City departments to help customers resolve outstanding water issues.
- Develop strategies for improving water efficiency. Provide expertise, consultation and advice on water efficient building technologies, conservation methods, practices, policies, programs, water technologies and sustainable alternatives
- Drafts reports on the performance of water efficiency projects. Compile data, interpret research and statistical information and conduct numerical analysis to prepare reports and make recommendations. Identify barriers in Customer Care Support programs or obstacles to client participation. Develop alternative solutions consistent with program objectives
- Draft requests for proposals for technical assistance, evaluate proposals and make recommendations for selection. Liaise with various departments in preparing reports for Standing Committees of Council and implementing and coordinating programs
- Review applications, assessments and/or reports for program pre-qualification or participation and verifies information for calculating and approving incentive and rebate payment. Review and approve reports, studies, proposals, program application submissions, invoices and payments. Conduct site visits to verify program applications and/or client eligibility.
- Conduct surveys on water efficiency and contributes to the development and gathering of the data and information management system for the section. Assist in reviewing water efficiency and conservation plans for new and/or existing buildings and makes recommendations as necessary to meet the City’s requirements
- Assist in developing promotional, educational, sales and marketing support material for all Water Efficiency Program initiatives in conjunction with the appropriate City departments and Water Efficiency Program partners
- Reply to public inquiries on Toronto Water services, programs, processes and policies as they apply to Industrial, Commercial and Institutional customers
- Conduct and/or participate in seminars, conferences and public presentations to represent the Water Efficiency Program and promote plans and/or presents papers at these events.
- Reviews and provides analysis of data and reports and submissions to the City by external clients, stakeholders, and Water Revenue utilities
- Participates in inter-agency and multi-disciplinary technical committees
- Provides technical and program support for the Water Efficiency team and Customer Care Support Unit, including various partners/clients
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
1. Post-Secondary education in one of the following areas: Business, Environmental Studies, Applied Sciences or Engineering Technology, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Demonstrated program coordination and promotion experience.
3. Experience in the research, analysis and preparation of information and reports
4. Experience in applying water efficiency strategies in the Industrial Commercial Institutional Sector
5. Extensive experience with a variety of software packages including Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Word, PowerPoint, Project, Visio and including advanced functions in Excel) and main-frame systems such Outlook.
6. Possession of and the ability to maintain a valid Ontario Driver’s License Class “G”.
You must also have:
- Demonstrated analytical and conceptual skills for the extensive analysis of data for program/project evaluation.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently with proven ability to organize and manage projects, processes and work teams.
- Ability to provide customer service to a broad range of stakeholders.
- Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision.
- Ability to undertake numerical analysis.
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills particularly as it relates to communicating with large, high profile organizations/businesses
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The City is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve. Learn more about the City’s commitment to employment equity.
The City of Toronto is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request. Learn more about the City’s Hiring Policies and Accommodation Process.Apply now »