The Project Assistant will be responsible for the continuous promotion of water quality, hygiene and sanitation standards. This is through campaigns, meetings and community mobilization. S/he will be working hand in hand with the Project Officer WASH under the leadership of the Project Manager- WASH.
- Carrying out field level activities as outlined in project documents such as the proposal and the detailed implementation plan.
- Planning for and carries out hygiene promotion campaigns, clean up campaigns and commemorations of major national and international WASH events.
- Mobilization of beneficiary communities to maintain the established/rehabilitated/protected water sources including formation, or revitalization and training of WASH Committees.
- Compilation of weekly, monthly and quarterly report including collection of stories of change.
- Bachelors degree in Public Health, WASH, Community Development, Social Behavioral Change Communication or any other related field.
- Solid experience in community mobilization and training.
- Possess skills in Community Led Total Sanitation (CLTS), Child Hygiene and Sanitation Transformation (CHAST) and/ or Participatory Hygiene and Sanitation Methodology (PHAST) tools.
- 2 years of experience in project implementation of preferably on Community Development, Health or WASH projects.
- Demonstrates well-developed interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as negotiation skills.
- Proficiency in using MS office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
The position is field-based in Burao, Somaliland with frequent travel to a second field location; Odweyne.
World Vision adheres to strict child and adult safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks which will include criminal background checks. They will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles. Academic certificates will be verified with the issuing institutions.