The Project Officer will provide technical support to assigned WASH and Infrastructure projects in Somaliland. The incumbent will ensure the successful implementation of all state level WASH and Infrastructure interventions that directly contribute to the attainment of child wellbeing outcomes. S/he will support the Project Manager in overseeing the implementation of WASH & Infrastructure projects, mobilizing appropriate resources, addressing design, monitoring & evaluation issues of WASH & Infrastructure related activities and undertake capacity building of WASH & Infrastructure staff.
- Project Assessment
- Project implementation
- Project Monitoring
- Information documentation and reporting
- Project Evaluation
- BSC degree in Hydrology/ Hydraulic Engineering/ Civil Engineering, or Water Engineering.
- Extensive experience in managing WASH construction projects including housing, schools, health facilities and the likes.
- Total Lead Sanitation (CLTS) and/ or Participatory Hygiene and Sanitation Methodology (PHAST) tools.
- 3 years of experience in project implementation preferably Water a Sanitation and Hygiene.
- Knowledge in Social Behavior. Knowledge in Change Communications is an added advantage.
- Proficiency in using computer software e. g GIS, AutoCAD, EPANET II, hydrological modeling systems, MS office and internet use.
- Fluency in English and Somali language is a MUST.
- Demonstrates well-developed interpersonal skills as well as negotiation skills.
The position is field-based in Berbera, Somaliland with frequent travel to other locations; Hargeisa, Burao and Odweyne.
World Vision adheres to strict child and adult safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks which will include criminal background checks. They will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles. Academic certificates will be verified with the issuing institution.