Operating from within Water Services, South Region you will be involved in water resource planning, managing water entitlements and managing access to water addressing Queensland’s greatest challenge of a reliable and sustainable future for our water resources.
|Occupational group||Primary Industry & Environment|
|Workplace Location||Darling Downs – Maranoa|
|Job ad reference||QLD/377761/21|
|Yearly salary||$63449 – $80511|
|Fortnightly salary||$2432.00 – $3086.00|
|Contact person||Ainslee Hempseed|
|Contact details||Ph: 0429 600 735|
Access the National Relay Service
• Undertake investigations and make recommendations on applications made under the Water Act 2000 and the Planning Act 2016.
• Undertake regulatory, compliance and auditing activities associated with the management and use of water, associated works and riverine protection.
• Undertake monitoring and reporting of water resources (surface and groundwater) and water usage including the regulation of the take of water; monitor river flow and performance including river health and riverine integrity and support decision making processes relating to water access and use.
• Support water planning processes including the development and implementation of Water Plans and Water Management Protocols.
• Prepare technical and investigation reports, correspondence and briefings on water entitlement, management and compliance matters.
• Engage clients in the resolution of issues associated with competing demands for water and associated resources.
• Consult, liaise and provide advice to user groups, the general public, staff and Government agencies on water and resource management matters to achieve sustainable and compliant water use practices.
• Other duties as directed and required.
Applications to remain current for 12 months
Job Ad Reference: QLD/377761/21
Closing Date: Monday 19 July 2021
Please ensure you download all attachments and follow the instructions on how to apply.
Two permanent full-time positions available
Before applying for this vacancy please ensure you read the documents below.