• Manage project M&E budget lines to conduct M&E field activities;
• Liaise and negotiate with provincial officials and managers to obtain authorization to collect monitoring data and communicating analysis with same officials;
• Collect and check field information for M&E and communications purposes. This may require the hiring and supervision of temporary staff or volunteers to assist with data collection;
• Produce high-quality M&E analytical reports on a regular basis for project managers, the Mekong Delta Programme Manager and the Head of Indo-Burma Group. Timely submission of reports are critical in order to meet donor reporting deadlines;
• Lead programme staff with the collection of field data or field research for use with project proposals on tight timelines;
• Act as backup for project officers as needed or in an overload situation;
• Assist the Mekong Delta Programme Manager, project officers, and the Vietnam Communications and Outreach Officer with the production and publication of project related communications output;
• Perform other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Programme Manager
|• University degree or equivalent qualification with experience in M&E and communications;
• Requires at least 5 years of relevant work experience in the Mekong Delta;
• Fluency in English and Vietnamese languages;
• Experience with working in a multinational environment;
• Excellent communications skills to communicate complex M&E information needs with middle management, and external contacts or partners including government departments;
• Experience with supervising small field survey teams;
• Experience with supervising budgets desirable;
• Ability to work independently;
• Ability to respond flexibly and exercise judgment
• Ability to work under pressure to meet donor reporting and proposal deadlines.
Applicants are requested to apply online through the HR Management System, by opening the vacancy announcement and pressing the “Apply” button.
Applicants will be asked to create an account and submit their profile information. Applications will not be accepted after the closing date. The vacancy closes at midnight, Swiss time (GMT+1 / GMT+2 during Daylight Saving Time, DST). Please note that only selected applicants will be personally contacted for interviews.
Other job opportunities are published in the IUCN website: http://www.iucn.org/involved/jobs/