All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
1. Role and responsibilities
The Hygiene Promotion Assistant is responsible for assisting in the day to day implementation of the Wash program in North Lebanon through carrying out quality hygiene promotion activities for beneficiaries.
- Monitor and report on the Hygiene Promotion activities and ensure compliance with plans and NRC standards
- Carry out data collection as required and conducting assessments
- Conduct HP activities according to the prepared lesson plans based on monthly targets as advised by the Hygiene Promotion Officer/Shelter WASH Officer
- Carry out the distribution plans and delivery documantation
- Prepare and file relevant documents according to procedures.
- Assists in preparing IEC materials (fliers, leaflets, posters and brochures) and other education and communication materials
- Ensure that NRC’s related activities are implemented within NRC’s Protection mainstreaming guidelines and report any breaches/concerns to the line manager and/or focal point for proper action.
- Ensure that all protection related detected cases are referred to the concerned referral focal point and to the related Protection Coordinator
- Record targets and monitor behavioural changes on a regular basis.
- Carry out data collection on Hygiene needs in schools and assist in preparing IEC materials as required.
- Conduct HP surveys during the first and follow up visits.
- Conduct focus group discustions (FGDs) related to hygiene topics.
- Deliver HP awarness sessions in shelters, schools and on communal level when needed
- Follow up on the kits delivery and attendace in schools.
- Report activities using distribution lists, attendance lists and Kobo online activity reporting.
- Plan and implement the distribution of Hygiene kits in schools and shelters based on needs
- Assist in Updating the HP lessons plans based on the field needs including all possible topic, COVID-19, hanwadshing, food safety and neutrition, etc.
- Improve HP gamification activities in schools and NRC education centers and NRC rehabilitated shelters
- Work with schools’ comittees on facilitating and implementing the HP palnned activities
- Coordinate on activities linked to shelter condition (Bathing space, drainage, vector control)
- Coordinate with education on school needs and implementation schedules based on programme activities
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
- Other NRC departments
- Local authorities (e.g. Municipal staff and Muhktars)
- Schools’ committees
- Academic degree in teaching, nursing, public health, or other relevant field of study
- Previous experience in children learning methodologies
- Experience from working with hygiene promotion projects in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities, experience with start-up of projects is a plus
- Good English skills
- Good skills in Microsoft office tools
- Handling insecure environments
- Working with people
- Coping with change
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Planning and delivering results